I have view the previous thread for the facebook syncing problem, added the fb app, force stopped the fb app that came on my phone, have uninstalled and reinstalled, added removed and added the account again. When i go to contact groups facebook is there with (0). when i go to get friends the the icon for Facebook is there, but the word "FACEBOOK" is grey and unclickable rather than white letters. Anyone?
This seems like a system error. A factory reset will restore this back to your phone. The steps to performing the reset are listed below:
1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)
2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk
3. Let Go of Home Button and Power
4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)
5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device
6. Select Yes to verify
7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)
8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot
9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this
Zachary, when I try pressing the home button and power button concurrently I simply get the phone options menu - same as if I press the power button without also pressing the home button. Suggestions?
You need to do this when you turn the phone on. Power it off then as soon as you see the Motorola symbol continue to hold the Power button and Home button at the same time until you see the notification.