Swype after update
scanrman
Anyone experiencing problems with swype and or keyboard problems? Swype appears to be worse at predicting words, and now typing things into forums like this from my fascinate it wants to capitalize the first 2 characters at the beginning of a sentence.
0 Likes
Re: Swype after update
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

It has, but it should correct itself after some use.  My guess is that they added more words into the dictionary, and it's trying to make guesses from more choices.

You can change your Swype settings to improve accuracy and reduce speed by going into Language and keyboard and then selecting the Speed vs. accuracy and using the slider to set how fast vs. accurate you want it.  I would start from the middle and adjust to the left or right as you need (after trying it out).

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
All I noticed was the capitalizing of the first two words and even that is not consistent
0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Just use voice to text and you wont have those problems. LOL that does suck fix some things and screw up others

0 Likes
Ghostmakermice
Yes, swype is infuriating now, I would like nothing more than to undo that update

Double capitalizations, swype line lost options, I'm better off manually typing most things now, ands there are TONS of nonsense and misspelled words coming up every time since this update ... I've found zero improvement in it so far and if it was like this from the start, I wouldn't have ever used itt to begin with

Wish they would have told me WHAT the update was, I was lured into thinking it was froyo

If they are smart enough to create swype, they will be able to fix this for sure - hope it's quick though, this sucks bad
0 Likes
Jetsfan17

I don't know why I didn't connect my newly "malfunctioning" Swype to the DL09 update. I am experiencing everything everyone else is, and it's horrific! For me speech-to-text was never all that good. I like Swype but deleting and adding words is for the birds when you've already done it. And this double capitalization thing is just ludicrous.

0 Likes
Ghostmakermice
I'm Hoping this will be such an obvious problem that another update from then is forthcoming ... I had to manually type almost this entire sentence

I know they must be working on it by now
0 Likes
Ghostmakermice
Speech-to-text texting, with text-to-speech on ... Isn't that basically talking on the phone?
0 Likes
ford2011

So, before the update i had the slider all the way to the left (for fast response) after the update it was in the same spot , but kinda just sucked. lol

i've found that after the dl09 update putting the slider just to the left of center makes the accuracy/responsiveness like it was before dl09..

maybe with the update each ends of the accuracy-speed slider is just more extreme? just an idea

0 Likes
cmdrgeist

Just checked my settings. I had the slider to the center before the update. I had to wipe before the update to fix other issues, then updated and reloaded my apps (in case anyone wants to suggest that a wipe would have changed this). The slider was all the way to the left. I didn't change this, so I'd definitely second any recommendation to check where your slider's located.

0 Likes