Re: Straight answers on POP3 email problems?
ArethaB

I believe the problem with the email has nothing to do with settings.  I have reviewed my settings, been on the phone with customer service for hours, had my device changed to another ....  All to no avail.  I had no issues with my blackberry and droid and just locked myself into another 2 year contract with this phone and so I hope something is done by both Verizon and Samsung soon as this is very frustrating.  I am a long term VZW customer and pay for the data package mainly because I like to have immediate access to my emails all the time...  Something has to be done soon.

0 Likes
exwrench

On my second phone in a week.  After reading that others are having same issues as me with pop3, (hours w/support/reset/reboot/reroam, etc) phone worked for a day, now acting up again. Rebooted, worked for a few hours, then locks in on "loading messages."  Went in to settings and changed my password, immediately went out and found it was wrong, changed password  back to correct one, and phone email working again perfectly.  May be resetting password somehow (for you Samsung/Verizon people to figure out please)  Just something I found out.

0 Likes
jbw1950

I too appreciate the fact someone from Verizon is at least attempting to answer the email issues with the fascinate.  It's not the phone, or the settings.  It's a real problem.  I'm like so many here that should have returned it within the first 30 days and gotten a real phone.  My BlackBerry,did NOT have these issues. 

In my humble opinion Verizon should resolve the problem or offer an exchange for a phone that WORKS.  This should apply to all users of the fascinate even if the 30 days has passed. 

Please fix!!!  Like most here I'm a long time Verizon user because of the excellent coverage, but this problem  is making me rethink my Verizon position. 

Please admit it's a problem and please offer us a solution, you'd be surprised how far honesty will go toward keeping loyal customers.

0 Likes
Bri333

Hello,

Thank you all for posting about this, and to the Verizon rep for replying. I have exact same issue with my new Fascinate. An Exchange account syncs fine. I believe my gmail account syncs fine (though rarely use it so am not sure). I POP to several other accounts. POP works for awhile after initially turned phone on. But it hangs after awhile when checking. Even if I close email and reopen, it won't automatically check for email in those POP accounts, even though I have it set to check every hour. I have to hit the Load More Messages button (inconveniently located all the way at the bottom of the list of messages). And more often than not it acts like it trys and finds nothing, even though I know that other new emails are on the server.

As someone said, if I turn phone off and back on, it will again work for awhile. I have the POP accounts set with no security because I read elsewhere that that might be the problem, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I at first set them with SSL and accept all certifs as I have my computer set. Works that way at first, and then same problem noted above.

Please, Verizon, find a fix!!

0 Likes
fazm52

I was having the same problems as you, I would have to power cycle the phone to get the email to work after the login would just continue to spin without connecting.  I ended up changing the settings for the "check email frequency" to "Never"  I have to manually check for email, but it is quicker to check manually instead of having to power cycle to get it to work.

0 Likes