Stop music player from automatically starting?
KCNC06

Is there a way to stop the Music Player app from starting automatically when I start playing music through Bluetooth?

I use my Napster account to play music from my phone and when I play "Bluetooth Audio" through my SYNC system Music Player starts playing automatically even if Napster is already running. I only have a few songs pieces (ringtones) saved on the phone that play through Music Player and it's pretty aggravating when these bits of songs start playing over the song that I'm trying to listen to through Napster. Even when I've "stopped" (paused since there's apparently no way to actually stop or exit the app without going through the "manage applications" forcestop process) Music Player already, the next time I get in the car and the phone connects to the SYNC system Music Player starts playing again.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stop music player from automatically starting?
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

The symbol of the circle with cross bars is an 911 GPS indicator being turned on. It is always on, like it or not. Prior to most recent few updates, it wasn't displayed but still was on. It has no relation to a music player.

The music player most defiantly being lunched by a third party application that you are using to play radio, stream music, etc. Check whatever application you are running for music and find if it has a box not to lunch a music player. From what I know Galaxy devices are set up in that way to lunch a music player so to safe a battery life.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Veleos

would love to get the answer for this, I got an update for my phone one night and now theres this weird symbol up at the top next to the "3G" that looks like a crosshair and everytime I plug in headphones or aux cable it opens up the music player. annoying as hell!

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

The symbol of the circle with cross bars is an 911 GPS indicator being turned on. It is always on, like it or not. Prior to most recent few updates, it wasn't displayed but still was on. It has no relation to a music player.

The music player most defiantly being lunched by a third party application that you are using to play radio, stream music, etc. Check whatever application you are running for music and find if it has a box not to lunch a music player. From what I know Galaxy devices are set up in that way to lunch a music player so to safe a battery life.

0 Likes