Re: Still on 4.0.3 and no updates
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Phases through Verizon maybe, but from Google it shouldn't matter.  It might have to do w/ what google related apps you have installed. Like I said, right after the no update because I was up to date....I shut the phone down and started it up again....first thing after the reboot google was asking permissions and I declined went straight to the apps cleared and stopped framework, backed out twice, scrolled down to about phone then selected system updates.  So I ASSUME there was another app working google in the background.....

The success COULD have been you guys watching football about 7pm last night, LOL, but I had done the regular steps lots and lots of times the last 2 days and by not having any recent apps loaded, and by denying google's permissions and going right to the steps, it worked.  I'm not sure what kind of drain on google's resources from us are all trying to update at once....I would think w/ Cloud, they would have the huge increase in load covered.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you try and do a factory reset?

Did you try and flash the stock firmware from Google's website(4.0.4) and then try checking for update?

I am running the leaked, and too lazy to undo it to see if there are any changed.  Building my own software so it is somewhat moot for me.

0 Likes
Goola

Thanks to everyone for responding. After trying the Google Services Framework trick for more than 30 times, I am still on 4.0.3. Restarting or denying permissions did not work. I am not rooted either so I cannot flash the version on Google. I guess the point I'd like stress is that My phone has been on 4.0.3 for three weeks now when the latest version was 4.0.4 (this was before Friday's JB rollout on Verizon). If for any reason someone has to run a factory reset on their phones, would they have to wait weeks to get the latest update again? It doesn't make sense to me. I may be missing something here.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No you do not have to wait weeks for the update.  It should ask to install 4.0.4 after it is complete give or take 10-15 minutes at most. 

have you tried #checkin?

0 Likes
Goola

I didn't know what checkin was until you told me. I did *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer and the checkin was successful but the result is the same. It says my system is up to date and I'm still on 4.0.3 after attempting to manually update multiple times.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

my recommendation is to either return the device, or use the 4.0.4 factory image from Google AOSP pages.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Tibits, I wasn't aware there was a 4.0.3....I don't remember the original version (4.0.2 I think), but there was only the one update to 4.0.4. Are there more than Goola out there that had that version

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Good catch.  There was never a 4.0.3 version for the Gnex CDMA/LTE version.  I am guessing Goola has modified software and why he can't get the update. He has to flash 4.0.4 from AOSP in order to get 4.1.1.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

So Goola, back up every thing and go to a local Verizon store, if you haven't modified anything, they should be able to flash it for you....or do it your self....if you have.  If not, then you do not have a new phone out of the box.....I would think. Where did you get the  phone?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

cynindesign wrote:

So Goola, back up every thing and go to a local Verizon store, if you haven't modified anything, they should be able to flash it for you....or do it your self....if you have.  If not, then you do not have a new phone out of the box.....I would think. Where did you get the  phone?

That is bad.  IF it is modified they would put a note if it is modified and his warranty is voided.

It's better if he does it himself and keep his warranty.

0 Likes