Split text messages
luvthiscrzylife

I recently upgraded to the Samsung Fascinate and now my sent text messages are being split even though they are being sent to someone with Verizon.  I have no idea why or how to fix this.

0 Likes
Re: Split text messages
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Text messages on Verizon's network are limited to 160 char.  They will always be split, no matter who you send them to.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

demmo86rt wrote:

Text messages on Verizon's network are limited to 160 char.  They will always be split, no matter who you send them to.

That is not true once Verizon allowed us to send more than 160 characters I was reciving some big ones from a friend that had a BlackBerry Storm and i was able to send more then 160 with my EnV Touch to another Verizon person but now I see they are split up no matter who sends to me

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes
luvthiscrzylife
Basically my phone is splitting messages that are just a few characters and nowhere near the 160. I've always been able to send large messages to anyone with verizon. Nobody else I know with an android or smartphone has these same issues.
0 Likes
KCoughlin

I'm having the same problem with my Fascinate and its getting very annoying.  My friends (all Verizon android users) have given up trying to read my texts.  The messages I send are not only split but completely out of order and have a bunch of <@@@@@@@@@@@@@> inserted along the way.  Most of the time I'm purposely keeping the messages under 160 characters and sometimes they're barely even 50.  But no matter what it's always a problem.  It's to the point that I don't even bother texting anymore.  This is my first smartphone and I'm seriously just comtemplating going back to a regular device wtihout all the "frills".  They more technology; the more problems.  It's just not worth it for me.

0 Likes