Sorting Contacts
bigskyguy

Is it possible to sort the contacts by last name vs. first name.  Thx

0 Likes
Re: Sorting Contacts
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately, that feature is not available on the Samsung Fascinate. I have provided a link for addtional information. 

Click here http://androidforums.com/fascinate-support-troubleshooting

0 Likes
BZRealtor

You have got to be kidding!  This renders my contacts completely useless.  This is a major issue.  Is there no other way to get the last name to appear first the you can on GMail? 

Why doesn't the mobile version of Gmail offer the option of sorting by last name first?  I can do it in Gmail on my desk top. 

For that matter, why do I have to "convert" my contacts from my desktop which are currently in MS Outlook 2003 into Gmail and then have to live with all of my contacts listed by first name first?

Is there no other work around?  Will the updated version of Android 2.2 address this?

0 Likes
KLB123

It's not just last/first name, there's apparently no way to search contacts by city or company name.

The search function for contacts should be searching ALL fields of contact information. 

This needs to be fixed ASAP, unless they want to send all business-oriented phone owners directly to BlackBerry.

0 Likes