Since the 2.3.5 update headphone jack not working
marstoo2003

As the subject line states, since I've updated to 2.3.5, my headphone jack isn't working. I've tried 2 different headphones and a cable to connect my phone to some speakers. I know the headphones, cables and speakers work so it has to be something in the phone. 

Did I miss a setting? 

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Since the 2.3.5 update headphone jack not working
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

Go to settings/Voice Input/Text-to Speech settings and make sure Driving mode is not checked, if it is turn off.

If that don't help, turn off phone with headphones plugged in and turn back on, If headphones work now it don't mean is fixed but at least you know for sure you have a software problem, probably a corrupt file during install.

Since I don't know of any way to uninstall 2.3.5 and reinstall, your next step would be with Verizon.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello community members! I'm here to offer my assistance in resolving the issue reported by marstoo2003. Smokie11 has got great suggestions for solving this problem. If they do not fix the issue, please let me know via personal message. Thanks!

0 Likes
marstoo2003

I forgot to say Thanks! Driving mode was turned on. When I turned it off tho the jack still didn't work so, I turned off the phone and back on again. Seems things are fine now. I appreciate the help.

0 Likes