Search button hangs up on your calls.
SouthpawKurt

While the phone is ringing or during a call if you touch or bump the search button it will hang up on the call.

0 Likes
Re: Search button hangs up on your calls.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
It's on their list of known bugs: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/10/samsung-fascinate-known-issues-document-leaks/, no current work around.
0 Likes
SouthpawKurt
Just got off the phone with tier two tech support. He had me hard reset the phone and then basically told me to take it back to the store and get another one. Which means he doesn't confirm it to be a known issue.. Obviously the list from bgr is accurate, and tech support doesn't know it.
0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Pretty common, from what I've seen, you call about any issue, any phone, that's what they tell you. I don't think their phone monkeys know much of anything.
0 Likes
SouthpawKurt
Btw, it's not probably not gonna be a deal breaker for me. These are mostly software problems that can be fixed.. The screen is gorgeous and games look way better than on the Droid X.
0 Likes
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3
The problems are fixable. But its one reason why I chose the X with its physical buttons. im paranoid about bumping on of those touch keys by mistake.

Hard resetting is an IT standard to be lazy and ignore problems. Phone or pc, doesn't matter. They rather have you just start over than actually troubleshoot. Ive gotten into some arguments with techs at vatious companies because the first thing they tell you to do is factory reset when the issue doesn't call for one or if remedy the problem. If they fix it before X gets froyo I might consider the phone.
0 Likes