Screen Capture
jwallace
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kinda of sad that the Nexus doesn't have a native screen capture feature like the iPhone.

Been searching all through Google Play to find a good app....any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Screen Capture
Wildman
Legend

Try Screen Capture Shortcut from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.tomorrowkey.android.screencaptureshortcut&feature=s...

this application can take device screenshot/screen capture

not required root

support device:
Galaxy S
Galaxy Tab
Galaxy S Ⅱ

If that dont work try No Root Screenshot It

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfullnoroot&feature=r...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy Nexus DOES HAVE a native screen capture! Hold both the power button and the Volume down button at the same time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Wildman
Legend

I actually thought that was one of the devices that had that native...  Thanks for information..

That's probably why the first link is nothing but a link to the screenshot app...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I also attached a screenshot taken with this method in that Thunderbolt discussion thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jwallace
Enthusiast - Level 1

ABSOLUTELY excellent!

Must be a best kept secret!  Couldn't find anything in the manuals!

SWEET  - THANKS!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The native screenshot was one of the features mentioned when ICS was announced along with the Galaxy Nexus. I would have thought that the reviews of the phone would have mentioned it especially on the phone tech sites.

0 Likes
jwallace
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks a bunch...I obviously wasn't looking in the right spot.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

The native screenshot was one of the features mentioned when ICS was announced along with the Galaxy Nexus. I would have thought that the reviews of the phone would have mentioned it especially on the phone tech sites.

one thing i've noticed. completely unbiased reviews/articles on it, when it launched, would mention this as a huge plus. however, you can usually tell when the author is very partial to android (over iOS). those reviews/articles tended not to mention it (or is was one short sentence buried in the review). my theory is that they were embarrassed by the fact that it is JUST NOW a native feature. i'll admit that it's pretty absurd that every android can't do this natively by now....and that even the apps that do either cost money or are fairly unstable (the only real good ones require the device to be altered). it has sort of been the pink elephant in the room for your android fanatics, for 3 years. they'll either say it's no big deal or there's plenty of ways to do it, blah, blah, blah........but it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy S class of phones like the Fascinate has a screenshot capture method. I don't recall if they had it at launch or if it was added in a system update.

But you are right, Android 4.0 is the first android operating system that has the screenshots option built into the source code.

0 Likes