timely update. We need someone to own this, we need someone to stop trying

to distract from the problem.

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog

would go in." — Mark Twain

0 Likes
Re: Samsung told me and a VZW rep that 4.0.4 will be pushed on 5-30-2012
AZSALUKI
Legend

i wasn't suggesting you replace it. i suggested that if you buy something that doesn't work, you RETURN it.

0 Likes
Samsung told me and a VZW rep that 4.0.4 will be pushed on 5-30-2012
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

The other problem is, if this is the second soak test, it makes me wonder how much verizon got their hands into the update. I was on the Soak Test for the Droid X and Gingerbread...the software was so bad, that the phone was inoperable....but they didn't run a second soak on that one....

So why now? If the GNEX is a pure google experience, I think google has proven time and time again that they know how to build software....If this is true, GOOD GOING VERIZON!!!! SNAFU as always...

Azsaluki - the question has been asked before and I will ask it again....Since most of us are out of our 14 day return period, why do you suggest we return our phone? So, we can get a refurbished - like new? what is that supposed to solve? I have been through 8 phones in 3 years under the refurbish claim, and strangely, all the phones had the same problems as the one prior...So, why would we want to return our GNex for one that will have the exact same problems?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

zombielove69 wrote:

But the reason why the phones were having problems was because of the software issues, not hardware, just read the android blogs like android central, xda, droid-life, etc. If you read the dev community >Post edited to comply with VZW ToS< this update fixed all the main problems the software was causing, all the bugs. The problem was this update was released in february and people had to deal with all these bugs for such a long time, which is pathetic. Granted some of the problems were hardware with some phones, but mostly it was software bugs from a brand new os.

FYI a verizon rep told me it could be up to 3 weeks before you receive this update to your verizon phone when I called today. even though the update is like around 35mb, they are releasing it in very small batches, and based on the phones imei or meid number i forgot which one, which ever is the identity number.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

i've been to other forums. i know there are issues. i'm very familiar with this situation. i own a thunderbolt. i got it right after launch a year ago and watched the threads (nearly identical to these). those were all software issues as well. bad radio, random reboots, constant reboots, broken voicemail notification (literally....you would have voicemails and it would not alert you), no gingerbread, etc, etc. they pushed an update that made the reboots worse for many users and didn't help the radio issue for many users, etc, etc. i never understood why the tbolt owners with bad devices didn't return them within 14 days, and i still don't understand it.

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

As you are a VZ lackey, I'll type in little words so you can follow. VZ won't let me return the phone for a full refund. Full refund as in my contract is reverted back to where it was prior to me upgrading, plus all of my money back. All they will do is excange it for a refurbihed Galaxy Nexus. Now in case you don't know what refurbished is. A refurbished phone is one that has already been used and returned by another customer. If this is to complicated to follow, let me know. I'll add pictures for you and the other CL's.

0 Likes
ShellyGal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could not agree anymore, and yes compare with the world’s problems the FNex fiasco is nothing. Just thinks about it…

Now, you have some alternatives

1. Stop whining and be happy to be giving away your money for a fine piece of equipment, because
    this is what it counts, forgett about the bugy issues, that’s minor, remember.
  2. Ditch the bloodsucker
  3. One of this day (could be today) they finally will release the most awaited update in the history of android and you’ll be the happy (hopefully) owner of the most technologically advance android that might actually work (hopefully) and the world will be a better place to live (hopefully too)
  4. >File name deleted to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

so it worked just fine when you originally bought it? i think it is you that can't quite comprehend what i was asking. you had 14 days to return it for a full refund and get out of the contract. did it work fine and then all of the sudden not work? if that's the case, then yes, it's a bad situation to be in.....but what i have been suggesting is that if you bought a device that didn't work properly WHEN you bought it, then you could have returned it. what don't you follow about this?

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

Azsaluki - Hind sight is 20/20. Why, as a Community Leader, do you even feel the need to bring up this point? Maybe after it was purchased, the problems were tolerable or not as consistent as they are now and people thought an update was "around the corner." (and please don't try to tell me that problems can't get worse with time. I have been with Verizon long enough and had enough phones through them to know that they can)

But, continuing to state "woulda coulda shoulda" scenarios, isn't going to help or rectify anything we are dealing with now...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

point taken....but nothing in this thread is going to rectify this situation. i bring it up so that maybe in the future people won't rely on a software patch to fix a broken device. if this is the first time some of these users have had this problem then i feel like they should know that it is not uncommon. maybe in the future when they get a device that doesn't work, they will immediately return it, instead of relying on possible future updates that may or may not fix it. half the time i see updates that make it worse, so i'll simply point out that it may not always fix issues that users are having. so carry on, but i would suggest emails directly to verizon with this much energy, rather than this thread. they get the emails. they likely will never see this thread.

ShellyGal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure? since the FNex fiasco I thought the second coming was close...

0 Likes