Re: Samsung told me and a VZW rep that 4.0.4 will be pushed on 5-30-2012
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

A few weeks?!!!!!! It's already ready taken at least 1 month longer than it should have. Customer service has gone down hill fast. At this rate Verizon will be more hated than oil companies or hedge funds.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is standard operating procedure for the Android updates on any phone on the Verizon Wireless network.

You might get it right away and then again you might not.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Considering I spent $300 to buy The Nexus and I spend over $150 a month and this is my work and personal phone and my only phone I have every right to be upset. Verizon has mislead us for months saying the delay is on Google or Samsung even though Google has put out two separate updates, 4.0.3 and 4.0.4. Verizon has done nothing. So you go ahead and keep drinking the kool-aid and banging the Verizon drum. I deal with sheep like you every day at work. Incapable of independent thought.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

So, I spent $350 to buy a Nexus second hand from person so they could switch their less than two week old Nexus to an iPhone. My Verizon Wireless line is my only phone number also. While I can switch between the Nexus and Thunderbolt that I bought last year, the issues that I may or may not have with my Nexus phone are minor compared to some of the world's problems.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

How did you become a community leader?

Comparing phones to the world's problems? Telling people it is just a phone? Trivializing people's concerns....

You do realize that there is more to this than just when the update is supposed to be out? Like "guarantees" that haven't been kept, lies, finger pointing and the like. 

danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

It's clear that there are hundreds of people effected by these issues... mic cutting out on the G Nex, etc.

It's amazing to me that Verizon hasn't acknowledged this more. It is certainly reasonable for us customers that pay for a product and service to expect that service work. I am Extremely frustrated that I can not use my Galaxy Nexus to make phone calls. So, Yes, I'm a little anxious to receive updates that will hopefully solve the problem.

aussierescue
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who is this person that needs to tell us to chill, it's only a phone?

Like you I spent hard earned money, and expect, no I demand quality service

and support. If this red branded company can't run their business in a

respectable manner, then I soon will leave for Tmobile and a true Google

experience.

So unless the poster that thinks we are over reacting wants to come clean

and admit they are a VZ shill, allow us to vent.

D

Sent from my Google Galaxy Nexus

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The names and phone models have been changed, but it is the same story month after month. The few complaints for each android phone released by the carriers don't equal a catastrophic issue.

I'm done.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Would not being able to make phone calls with your Verizon phone not be considered catastrophic?

AZSALUKI
Legend

you're completely allowed to vent, just like others are allowed to have a different opinion than you. ann154 has NO affiliation with verizon (other than being a customer, like the rest of you). some of us just understand how the update process works, and how it has always worked with android and verizon. while you all may feel it is a major issue, it is definitely not a new issue. go back and look at some phones that never got Froyo, or Gingerbread, etc, etc. as much as i'd love updates to roll out immediately, they simply don't. never have....particularly with verizon. my logic is that if i purchase a phone that doesn't work WHEN i purchase it, it gets returned. i'm not waiting on possible future updates that may or may not fix my phone.