Samsung fascinate Battery and call problems
sunilbasavaraj

Hi All,

I have tried going through the forums about various discussions on problems with call/battery, after the software updates

on Samsung Fascinate. I would like a to get a response from the verizon employee.. on what are they doing to solve this ?

I had no problems with the battery life or making/receving calls. Suddenly, I think after a software update, my battery life went down badly ( i would say the same normal usage). With it being completely charged in the morning, by evening, it would just die.

Also, I'm not able to make calls to my wife (we are on family plan) and after 2 rings, it goes to voicemail, always.. no matter from where i try or where she is..

Can anyone help me out of these 2 problems.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung fascinate Battery and call problems
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi sunilbasavaraj,

I truly understand your concern about the battery life. The Froyo update uses more resources (i.e. processor, memory) which did improve the functionality of the Fascinate but inconveniently in return uses more battery life.

At this time Samsung has not communicated a software update or resolution to the battery life issue.  There was another software update, sadly not pertaining to this issue that that released on June 08,2011: Software Update.  Please advise if you require additional assistance as we await a resolution from Samsung.

Thank you for your patience,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi sunilbasavaraj,

I truly understand your concern about the battery life. The Froyo update uses more resources (i.e. processor, memory) which did improve the functionality of the Fascinate but inconveniently in return uses more battery life.

At this time Samsung has not communicated a software update or resolution to the battery life issue.  There was another software update, sadly not pertaining to this issue that that released on June 08,2011: Software Update.  Please advise if you require additional assistance as we await a resolution from Samsung.

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

AyaniB_VZW wrote:

Hi sunilbasavaraj,

I understand that Samsung has not communicated a resolution to the battery drain problem.  Have they indicated that they are working on one?

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

bluestar wrote:

I understand that Samsung has not communicated a resolution to the battery drain problem.  Have they indicated that they are working on one?

At this time, you have as much access to data on future enhancements and/or changes to Samsung devices as I do. 

0 Likes
notorioushmr

Arg, I've been having the same problem. I used to charge my phone once every couple days; today I've already had to fully charge it 3 times--and I only made THREE outgoing calls all day.  Not to mention that thanks to the update, our cameras don't work anymore...

0 Likes
CEBWaldron

Why is this post marked as "solved?" Certainly the problem continues with Fascinate batteries lasting only a few hours before complete depletion. The phone is frequently useless. Here it is, July 6, no word on a resolution. Can the 2.2 update be rolled back? The phone was at least somewhat useful under 2.1. When my users first received the deices they loved them, my apologies for not knowing what level the OS was at the time. Now they are ready to trash the units because the battery dies so fast.

Thanks.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

notorioushmr wrote:

Arg, I've been having the same problem. I used to charge my phone once every couple days; today I've already had to fully charge it 3 times--and I only made THREE outgoing calls all day.  Not to mention that thanks to the update, our cameras don't work anymore...

Factory reset should fix your camera issue
0 Likes
rfriedman

I'm having similar issues since the update(s)??? My battery used to last for 2-3 days (sometimes 4). Since the "update", it may last 2 days, or it may last 2 hours. Seriously, this morning I had a full charge when I left home, 2.5 hours later I have to turn the phone off because battery is almost drained, and I never used it this morning!!! I haven't installed any new apps,and keep it running the bare minimum. This is very frustrating, and almost renders the phone useless. One of the terms of employeement with my current employeer is that I be available via phone 24x7. This is very hard to comply with if your away from the charger and your phone randomly drains the battery!

Is Verison going to fix this, or offer a replacement phone (with all the purchased accessories) at no extra cost? I don't really want another phone because I like this phone (or at least I used to like it), but I like being employeed more than keeping an unreliable phone!

0 Likes
Mali09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today my battery only last 7 hours. I have only used it to text a couple of people.  I have had numerous missed calls.  I only know about them because the people that tried to call text me to let me know they tried to call.

PAYING OVER $100 A MONTH FOR A PHONE THAT DOES NOT WORK IS **bleep** ME OFF.  I JUST PURCHASED IT LAST NOVEMBER!!

0 Likes
DP007

I had similar issues with my battery and then ran across the steps outlined at the following site, http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-765656.html to recalibrate the battery.  It seemed to help quite a bit.  It's been almost 19 hours since my last charge.  Moderate usage since then and I have 63% battery life remaining.  I normally recharge once every two days.  With heavy usage that can go down to once a day.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes