Samsung Galaxy Nexus charging issues.
ChrisAbbey

I had recently (1 month ago) received my replacement device from VZW after fixing a network issue. The Certified Pre-Owned device was working great and I was back in love with Android, however after only a month of moderate use and taking good care of my device (cases, protective screen protectors, sheltering the device from any liquids/weather...etc) my device will no longer charge while on.  I started noticing the issue when my charging icon on my phone was going crazy and my screen would turn on and off when not in use (due to the device thinking it was being charged when it wasn't even connected).  Concerned I started checking out the internet and discovered this is yet another issue with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  I need assistance figuring out how to either fix this issue or live with this issue.  Currently it will not charge while the device is on.  Thanks!  *Summary Below*

Issue: Samsung Galaxy Nexus charging issues. Device sporadically shows it is charging when not connected to USB or OEM Charger.  Device will not charge while turned on, it will charge powered off.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

Performed 2 Factory Reset on the device, (Recently accepted VZW 4.1.1 upgrade), tried multiple chargers to include; OEM charger, VZW micro-USB charger for home and car, USB connection to MAC.  I have replaced battery, and have turned off NFC connection and AndroidBeam.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus charging issues.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have certainly tried all the troubleshooting steps I could ask for Chris. Since you've already covered all of those bases, please follow and direct message me your number so we can get started with having a working phone in your hand and restoring that Android love again.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Veeyawn

As of two days ago I'm seeing the exact same issue with my Galaxy Nexus.  I'm currently travelling for work but when I get home I'll repeat Chris' steps to see if it corrects it.  Seems like a hardware issue though.

Vaughn

0 Likes
metaspherz

I had the same problem with the charge indicator appearing suddenly in the battery life icon. Sometimes it'd take a charge and other times it wouldn't. Even after a full night of charging the battery would last half a day and other times it's die after only a few minutes of phone use. On the road I had to keep it plugged into the charger. If I took the battery out it'd be okay for a few days and then the same problems would happen again.

Taking the battery out and putting it back in became standard proceedure for other issues as well like when people I was talking to couldn't hear me -- all they heard was sputtering or static.

I took the phone to Verizon and they replaced the battery but within a day or two the same static problem and battery issues happened again. Verizon replaced the phone with a refurbished one but after about a week it was clear that the battery life was just as bad and the static came back after a few months of use.

The exact same original problems has happened to my replacement phone and I'm returning it today since it has died completely and is unusuable.

Problem is that it's a week past the warranty period now. I suggest that anyone getting this phone pay extra for the extended warranty.

0 Likes
Cflowers8

My husband and I both have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and both are having problems charging. What can we do?

Thank you

0 Likes
SousJay

Just started having this issue with my Nexus.  Read all the postings, and went to a Verizon store. Phone is still under warrenty, so they're sending me a 'new' phone.  one new curiosity...read about the phone saying it was 'charging' though no connection...my phone started doing this so I connected it to a charger. It started charging. Half charge to full.

0 Likes