Samsung Galaxy Nexus battery charge lasts one day--software fix coming?
bill4net

I bought 3 Nexus phones and all three seem to discharge the battery in about one day.  My son's 2-year old Droid has a longer battery charge for similar operations. My daughter said she heard a software glitch is to blame and a downloadable fix is being prefared.  True?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus battery charge lasts one day--software fix coming?
clay_tiller

Running on 3G without bluetooth or wi fi and manually synching, minimal location services (no Google+ or Verizon apps) I only get 3 hours on a full charge. Not acceptable. Also, poor connectivity (0 or 1 bar anywhere except in the heart of town).

If it doesn't imnporve, I'm returning the phone before my 14 days are up.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

A 3G phone will always get better battery life than an LTE phone.  I'd say a full day's use on one charge is good.  No reason you can't charge while you are sleeping.  Actually, that's a good idea anyway, Li-Ion batteries don't like to be drained all the way.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am guessing you are not familiar with a smartphone, you have a portable computer in your hand, try turning on a laptop and use it and see if you get a day of use out of it,,,  I can think of a number of users that would love to see that good of battery life, with as much as these devices do a days charge is incredible.

By the way welcome to a smartphone..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

bill4net wrote:

I bought 3 Nexus phones and all three seem to discharge the battery in about one day.  My son's 2-year old Droid has a longer battery charge for similar operations. My daughter said she heard a software glitch is to blame and a downloadable fix is being prefared.  True?

the 2 year old droid has a very similar battery in terms of juice. so what's the difference? your screen is giant compared to his. you have a dual core processor and significant;y more powerful hardware. they keep making larger screens and more impressive hardware, but the batteries are similar so the newer devices get less up time. i'd consider one full day pretty decent, depending on how you use it. any phone should give you about 2.5-3.5 hours of actual use. if you wake up and stream a movie and then browse the web, it will be dead in a few hours. if you get up and throught the day make some calls, text here and there, stream music for a half hour or whatever, then you can get through a full day. on average i get 3 hours of ACTUAL use and another 10-20 hours of idle or standby time or whatever you call it. 

0 Likes