Samsung Galaxy Nexus' Turns-Off in Pocket, Over Heats, Cannot Send MMS Pictures Messages and Drops Calls
Chrisleeroth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have finally had it with my third Samsung Galaxy Nexus...  I called Verizon today and explained that with all the problems I have had with this phone I want a different  brand phone, I even told the Tech Line that I would pay extra to get rid of this phone.  They told me that they have not heard of the MMS pictures not sending issue (all you have to do is google this issue and many discussions come up), and advised that the overheating and calls dropped is a "Jelly Bean Issue" and you cannot change to a different phone if it is software related.  I explained to Verizon that the issue has happened to me on Ice Cream Sandwich with my other two Samsung Galaxy's and I am sick of this phone not working...  She still could only send me the GNex and to let her know if I have the same problem once the same phone arrives...  I am almost to the point of canceling my service with Verizon (I have two phones through them, one iPhone 4s for business and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus for personal) and switching to AT&T.  Since I know the new phone that they are sending isn't going to work for me and that ultimately I will have to pay full retail for a new phone I might as well cancel my service, pay for the cancellation fee and then get the subsidized iPhone 5 price through AT&T...  Am I wrong on being this mad about my GNex?   Has anyone else had these problems? This is my first Android experience and it has left a bad taste in my mouth=-(  

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus' Turns-Off in Pocket, Over Heats, Cannot Send MMS Pictures Messages and Drops Calls
ciscole

I'm having the same problem on my Nexas. Hot spot that I pay alot of money for is not so hot!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus' Turns-Off in Pocket, Over Heats, Cannot Send MMS Pictures Messages and Drops Calls
Chrisleeroth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tell me about it...  I am going to cancel my business line, my wife's line and my line Monday.  I have had enough...  I am spending money monthly on products that I cannot use!

0 Likes
jazzyj7845

I'm having the EXACT same problem! This is my FOURTH replacement Nexus this year!!!

0 Likes
Chrisleeroth
Enthusiast - Level 2

What are they telling you?

0 Likes
jazzyj7845

I've been on hold so long I just hung up.  Reset everything on my phone. we'll see how it goes....

0 Likes
Chrisleeroth
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I got my new certified nexus on Friday.....  And tonight I sent two pic messages that didn't send the picture. Also, my camera seems faulty.  Does verizon ever let customers break their agreement without incurring a penalty?  I have spent way too much time on this stupid phone.

0 Likes
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope you're stuck. I've had restarts, crashes and everything and I moved to an extended network Verizon coverage area so data is unreliable as ever on top of all if these recent problems. The nearest store is two hours away. They won't let me out.

So no, you're stuck unless you pay a massive ETF. The iPhone on the account, though, no problems whatsoever ...

0 Likes
2tallterri

i

have

same

exact

ptoblem

its

so

grustrating

0 Likes