Re: Samsung Fascinate
greg30127

I've been a Verizon customer since before it was even Verizon (Airtouch Cellular)!  I'm thinking though about jumping ship to another carrier when my contract runs out because honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of the marketing games they're playing with these phones.

My renew date came up and I wanted the Droid Incredible - they were sold out for 2+ months, with no real option similar enough to it to choose from.  So the Droid X comes out - poof, they sell out with again, no real option, and the Incredible remained on backorder.... now it's coming out how good the Samsung Galaxy phone is in it's incarnation with the other carriers (who now all offer it), yet Verizon is putting this model on hold for at least nearly 2 months, because they want to "showcase" the Droid 2 that's coming out, which will again probably sell out on the first day along with everything else that comes out.

Sorry - but some of us are tired of playing this.

I went to Wal-mart and got a $45 a month Straight Talk phone last week to test it out.  Has a full keyboard like a Blackberry, and has excellent reception in my house and on the road.  No, there are no "apps", no touch screen, and the web service on it is dirt slow.  But I can make unlimited calls and texts for $45 a month, and again, get good reception (phones are still PHONES the last time I checked, and the phone function is the most important to me).   Right now I'm still toying with this phone, but when my contract runs out soon with Verizon, If they don't have the Droid model I want  (Galaxy) in stock then, I'm simply going to drop my 15+ year service with them and use the Wal-mart phone as my main phone.  I'll save $60+ a month on my bill and won't have to play the marketing games and go on a "waiting list" to get a phone.

I do hope the CEO of Verizon leaves Mount Olympus long enough from time to time to read these posts, because these phone stock games are causing you to lose customers.  Make everything available to us now and we'll buy it - don't, and we'll go where they DO have them available.

0 Likes
shoe5150

I talked to a VZW rep the other day about my P.O.S. eris, and was told that verizon wants to release the Fascinate with the 4g network. I think that would be awesome but I really don't want to wait that long to get this phone. I am so tired of my Eris that I am ready to downgrade back to a dump-phone just to get rid of it. 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

shoe5150 wrote:

I talked to a VZW rep the other day about my P.O.S. eris, and was told that verizon wants to release the Fascinate with the 4g network. I think that would be awesome but I really don't want to wait that long to get this phone. I am so tired of my Eris that I am ready to downgrade back to a dump-phone just to get rid of it. 

i dont think the rep had a clue.  the galxy s, as it is right now, is not an lte phone.  therefore wont work on verizon 4g

0 Likes
johnnyplaid

greg30127 wrote:

I've been a Verizon customer since before it was even Verizon (Airtouch Cellular)!  I'm thinking though about jumping ship to another carrier when my contract runs out because honestly, I'm getting pretty tired of the marketing games they're playing with these phones.

My renew date came up and I wanted the Droid Incredible - they were sold out for 2+ months, with no real option similar enough to it to choose from.  So the Droid X comes out - poof, they sell out with again, no real option, and the Incredible remained on backorder.... now it's coming out how good the Samsung Galaxy phone is in it's incarnation with the other carriers (who now all offer it), yet Verizon is putting this model on hold for at least nearly 2 months, because they want to "showcase" the Droid 2 that's coming out, which will again probably sell out on the first day along with everything else that comes out.

Sorry - but some of us are tired of playing this.

I went to Wal-mart and got a $45 a month Straight Talk phone last week to test it out.  Has a full keyboard like a Blackberry, and has excellent reception in my house and on the road.  No, there are no "apps", no touch screen, and the web service on it is dirt slow.  But I can make unlimited calls and texts for $45 a month, and again, get good reception (phones are still PHONES the last time I checked, and the phone function is the most important to me).   Right now I'm still toying with this phone, but when my contract runs out soon with Verizon, If they don't have the Droid model I want  (Galaxy) in stock then, I'm simply going to drop my 15+ year service with them and use the Wal-mart phone as my main phone.  I'll save $60+ a month on my bill and won't have to play the marketing games and go on a "waiting list" to get a phone.

I do hope the CEO of Verizon leaves Mount Olympus long enough from time to time to read these posts, because these phone stock games are causing you to lose customers.  Make everything available to us now and we'll buy it - don't, and we'll go where they DO have them available.

I'm in just about the same boat. We've been Verizon customers for years. I have the Omnia 910 and my contract expires at the end of the month. I had been debating about switching to AT&T but I have always been happy with Verizon's service.

Once I saw Verizon was going to carry the Samsung Fascinate, I decided to stick it out with Verizon. Now they won't release it or even give a hint of when they will. When I e-mailed them about being unhappy with their delay in releasing it and possibly switching, a customer rep called me. Of course she said she was unaware of the Fascinate, even though Verizon has published here... http://news.vzw.com/news/2010/06/pr2010-06-27.html and only offered for me to sign up for updates.

When my contract runs out, chances are they are going to lose us as customers. How much money we've spent with them over the years, you would think they would treat us better and be more open.

0 Likes
johnnyplaid

shoe5150 wrote:

They're not supposed to launch that until October. And it's supposed to be limited.

http://www.technewsdaily.com/verizon-4g-network-launching-in-november-0898/

I'm not going to wait that long.

0 Likes
Napoleon9558

johnnyplaid wrote:

I'm in just about the same boat. We've been Verizon customers for years. I have the Omnia 910 and my contract expires at the end of the month. I had been debating about switching to AT&T but I have always been happy with Verizon's service.

Once I saw Verizon was going to carry the Samsung Fascinate, I decided to stick it out with Verizon. Now they won't release it or even give a hint of when they will. When I e-mailed them about being unhappy with their delay in releasing it and possibly switching, a customer rep called me. Of course she said she was unaware of the Fascinate, even though Verizon has published here... http://news.vzw.com/news/2010/06/pr2010-06-27.html and only offered for me to sign up for updates.

When my contract runs out, chances are they are going to lose us as customers. How much money we've spent with them over the years, you would think they would treat us better and be more open.

I had the same experience. I find it hard to believe that so many people working at Verizon never even heard of this phone (not just in the stores, I talked to somebody from Verizon HQ). It's not like we want them to release it immediately to meet our demands, just give us an idea of the release date so we can plan accordingly. I have no problem waiting, I do have a problem with Verizon acting like I made up some imaginary device. 

0 Likes
Napoleon9558

Samsung's facebook page currently (8/5/2010 6:20 PM EST) displays the following:

The Samsung Fascinate on Verizon is weeks away. Have you seen the latest CNET video?

The link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SamsungGalaxyS

0 Likes
johnnyplaid

Weeks? Is that 2 or 20? Pretty vague...but at least it's more than Verizon will share. And we're customers of Verizon. Very disappointing.

0 Likes
EliC

Based on the little info coming out and the buzz I would say mid Sept, though there are increasing rumors of a late Aug release. We'll see.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

thats the problem, no info from vzw cant they throw us a small bone and give some kinda estimated date?

just noticed the x is backorderd uintil 8/25 and the htc inc till 8/10 still

so there is not premium android phone in stock

maybe releaseing this would help things

0 Likes