Samsung Fascinate
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

im looking for a new phone soon

i have a samsung omnia (i910)

great phone, no issues.

im debaiting jumping on the droid bandwagon.

the DX looks nice, but just BIG.

the DINC, well is hard to get.

so im thinking of the Samsung Fascinate, not much is known about this phone compared to the others.

seems like its almost forgotten.

anyone know of a launch date? price? ect.

it stacks right up there in features with the others, just not advertised

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate
DUB7passat

I would like more info on this device as well. I know that this particular phone is part of Samsung's Galaxy S lineup which I saw on Gizmodo a few weeks back. Each carrier seems to be getting a different phone in the lineup, and I know that the Samsung Vibrant comes out for T-Mobile this Friday. Also, I know the Samsung Captivate is AT&T's Galaxy S which is coming out on 07/18.

When I was speaking to a representative on the phone the other night, I told her I was waiting for the new samsung android phone to be released as I am having problems with my HTC Eris. She goes "Is that the one that is a mobile hotspot and has the AMOLED screen?" and I go yes.. do you have any more information on that? she goes "No, I don't know what device you are referring to, I am not aloud to reveal any information.. Verizon will not let me. Is there anything else I can do for you before I get you over to technical support?"

Obviously it is coming soon.. yay!!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

hey verizon is anyone reading this?

the incredible is sold out, the x is sold out

how about making it 3 phones to sell out

with more choices you might be better off

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

with the board change i figured id ask again

maybe eventually someone with some know will chime in :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
EliC

My wife and I are both waiting for this phone. We have looked at the Tmobile and ATT versions and its a great phone. Im not going to buy the X, 2 or Inc, so please release the Fascinate. 

We were in a VZW store this weekend and ran into another couple that was also waiting for the Fascinate.

VZW, please release the phone.

0 Likes
Napoleon9558

I want this phone!!!

0 Likes
jcheiser

...I too am waiting patiently for this phone.  I was just about settled on the Droid X when I came across information about the Samsung Galaxy S line of phones.  The more I read and found about this, the more it changed my mind to wanting this phone.  I also have looked at the AT&T version and the earlier commenter was right...its an awesome phone and well worth the wait.  The only difference to me between this phone and the Apple iPhone is the front facing camera...and for me that is not a deal breaker.  I can live without video chat, thanks very much!

I have to believe that Verizon will release this within 30-45 days of either the launch of the Droid X or the Droid 2.  Either way, it won't be long now!!!!

0 Likes
Napoleon9558

Played with a Vibrant today in the T-Mobile store just to get a feel for the Galaxy S. Very impressive. It was lightning fast and the screen is among the most beautiful things I've ever seen.The Droid X is a great phone, but comparing the Galaxy S screen to the Droid X is like comparing a plasma TV to an Etcher Sketch.

0 Likes
Napoleon9558

Into Mobile and a couple of other sites have uploaded photos of the Samsung Fascinate and Gem that have been spotted in the wild! The phone is getting a nice metallic body instead of the plastic on its Galaxy S brethren. The article speculates a late September release  for the Fascinate. According to Samsung the Galaxy S is getting the Froyo Android 2.2 update around that time.Coincidence? Here is the article

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/08/04/samsung-fascinate-galaxy-s-and-samsung-gem-for-verizon-break-co...

0 Likes
sgtchoice

Want to become a verizon customer.

Please release this phone!

You can't find any other of your smart phones anywhere..

0 Likes