Re: Samsung Fascinate- Thoughts?
roff54

After an update, the phones turned into paper weights.  Each phone was rebooted and the phone would be fine for a few hours.  Then they started freezing.  Taking your battery out 5-10 times a day is not an ideal situation.  One phone could no longer use the home button and it locked into the desk cradle view.  The only way to access the home page was to hit back and hope that you got there.  My wife's phone now cannot send text messages.  The response was, we'll just to a reboot to fix it.  I asked if they could look at the phone and see if there was something that could be fixed and not immediately choose to reboot.  I was told they would try, but the overwhelming issue with the fascinate is that it was not designed to handle the upgraded software.  Early on, we tried to ignore the update prompts, but eventually, the update pushed through on its own and bricked the phone.  Since July 2011, my wife has dealt with the fascinate as well as she can, but the phone is garbage and no actual help was provided.  I am assuming that after dealing with so many faulty fascinates, employees just got lazy about it because nothing they could do would fix the problem.  Verizon tried to do the right thing early on and offer replacement phones, but as that became too expensive, they chose to alienate the customer base that they sold these products to and said deal with it.  So we did, and my contract ends 11/27/12.  I know this because I am excited that I only have 2 mandatory months left.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Roff54,

My goodness, thank you so much for providing additional information.  Although I do know elextronics may have known problems, that is just far too many for you and your family to experience.

Based on my own device, some of the difficulties you mentioned may be caused by third party applications. Most times they're Task Killers, Antiviruses, or Battery Savers.  Do you or your family have any of these application types installed? If so I would highly recommend uninstalling them.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
roff54

After the first time everyone on my plan had problems, the customer service people told us about these problems, and removed them from our phones.  Since then, we have made sure to not add any of these apps.  Our problems appear to be a phone that was not designed to handle the processing required for the updated Android OS.

0 Likes