Re: Samsung Fascinate- Thoughts?
Lettie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with most of the posts here regarding short battery life, constant dropped calls, slow to open and run apps, having to do multiple resets, etc. My thoughts? If you would like to keep your sanity and not spend the next 18-24 months fighting with Verizon, I would choose a different phone. I wish I would have. :smileysad:

bcblaylo
I would choose a different phone and carrier.
0 Likes
phmckleroy
Enthusiast - Level 1

My family and I purchased 4 Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate phones April, 2011.  We have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS with all of them.  They lock up, drop calls, delete pictures out of your gallery, will not download pictures through text messages and the battery life is about 4 - 5 hours, if you use it a lot, unless you get a battery saver app like Juice Defender. I have taken them back to the Verizon Store and they say there is NOTHING wrong with the phones.  I have called customer service and told them the problems we are having and they run us through some type of update/maintenance and they work OK for a few days then it's back to the same old problems.  We cannot wait until December when we can upgrade to a new phone.  We all agree that these Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate phones are a piece of junk!

Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I got my fascinate very soon after it was first released and have kept it almost for my full 2 yr agreement. I will say that it was a excellent phone for me performing every task that i asked of it. The only issues that i ever really had was gps issues at first but was soon fixed with an update. The batterylife was decent..outstanding screen..great call quality and tough as i have dropped it more times than i would care to admit. The only reason i still dont have it is that a coworker made a offer that i couldnt refuse and i wanted to upgrade to a 4g phone. I decided on a razr maxx and have had  more problems with it in a little over a month than i ever did with the fascinate. Everyone has different experiences withthem and i thought i would share mine which has been very good indeed...    jesse

0 Likes
JazzieGirl9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I myself have had a samsung fascinate for almost a year. I have had to have the phone replaced about 6 times. It is slow I never get 3g coverage even though people with Virizon standing right next to me do. This phone has don nothing but waste my money each month I pay to keep it acctivated. I hate it. Do yourself a favor and stay away from it.

0 Likes
JazzieGirl9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problems. My boyfriend has the new Criod Razr and he absolutly loves it. You would think since we pay our bill each month and waste time and money that Virizon would give their customers a break and give them a new phone since it was them that locked a bunch of people into a contract with a phone that dosen't work anyways. What happened to customer service where companies used to care, and if something wasn't right they made it right?

0 Likes
charmedcat86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is late, but I thought I would put my 2 cents in too. My sister was really excited when we went to look at phones and couldn't wait to get this one (I let her talk me into it cause  at Best Buy when it was free and the iPhone was at least $200. I really should have listened to that voice in my head that's said over the years me and Samsung products did not, do not, and will never get along). I had no problems for the first month I had the phone, but after that I had it replaced 2 times because of problems and I just gave up after that and have been suffering since there is really nothing I can do  (it's been a REALLY LONG year and a half with this piece of junk and I still have till May!! ) My sister  lives about 3 hours south and she has the extended battery (which makes it VERY bulky and looks weird cause the phone doesn't lay nice, but she has a lot less problems than I do)  she thought I was being a big baby complaining about it all the time. We first thought it was the battery since a cousin has this phone and has problems like I do, but the last time my sister came to visit she was getting frustrated with it too, not getting service when our parents had service or the stupid thing randomly taking screen captures till the only way to get it to stop is to take the battery out and restart the phone (which made me happy since it proved to her that it's not just me ), plus the internet is slow and takes forever to load the keyboard and it fails about a third of the time so I have to exit and start all over again. I can't wait till I can get the iPhone (I don't care what anyone says, I have a MacBook Pro, an iMac, and an iPod and I LOVE Apple products and can't wait to have an iPhone then my phone and my music player are combined (I know this thing plays music, but I have an auxiliary plug in my car that hooks up to my iPod, so it just makes sense to have the one for both).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Charmedcat86,  Let's restore the confidence that you had in the phone during the first month that you had it!  Do you have the exact same applications that you had on the phone prior to replacement?  Does the keyboard only fail in the browser or with other applications as well?  I would be honored to continue working with you to help bring satisfaction back to your device experience!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
roff54

The biggest problem with the Samsung Fascinate is that it is a piece of crap.  I had 4 on my plan.  1 has been replaced 5 times, 2 others replaced twice, and I hit the jackpot because when I returned mine, I was given a Charge instead.  Each time there is something wrong, customer service told me to just do a factory reboot.  That is worthless advice.  It doesn't fix the problem, just puts a band-aid on a gun shot wound.  The problems returned and the same advice was given.  The other 3 Fascinates on my plan have been counting the days until they can throw the phone away.  We've seriously considered leaving Verizon altogether because of the lack of assistance from them.  As soon as November arrives, we'll see what the best offer is for plans and phones.  If it weren't for the Charge being so nice, I would never consider another Samsung product again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello roff54,

Yikes! Sounds like you have been through a lot with the Fascinate devices on your account, but no worries I'm here to help. I know you stated you previously preformed factory resets but the problem returned, what were the original problem your device was experiencing? Did all of the phones have the same issues? We would hate for you to leave us because of a phone, especially when there are always options to resolve your concerns.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes