Re: Samsung Fascinate- Thoughts?
tduke100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hope you haven't bought a Samsung Fascinate.  Wait until they fix the 2.2 update issues.  I would NOT recommend the Fascinate right now.  Mine has all sorts of problems.

AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi LKOLIVER,

I am happy to see we were able to send you a replacement and hopeful your issues will be resolved.  Please keep me posted. 

Thank You,

0 Likes
Frezurasov

I am having the same issues.  So to no response when touching the widgets and icons.  Battery life lasting about 6 hours with less then 5 phone calls.  They sent me a refurbished Fascinate to solve the issue.  I've had it two days and am having them send another one because this has the same issues.  Also, I get a "Sorry!  Process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher is not responding"  message all the time now.

My options through Verizon were to get another Fascinate shipped (#3), buy a pre-owned certified off the website, or buy a new phone.  Options #2 and #3 would be money out of my pocket with no return for a 1 year old $400 phone!  I am going to have the continue to ship me a Fascinate until they give me a better option then that!  I am willing to pay for an upgrade, but not a retail price with no money back for this thing.

0 Likes
marstellerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having problems with the Fascinate. It worked GREAT when I first bought it, then it went through the "update". Now it freezes constantly. I have to take out the battery and restart anywhere from 3 -4 times a day.  People have tried to call me and it "force closes" phone calls.

The biggest joke is thinking that Verizon will help you. They truly, truly do not care.  They care when it comes to selling you phones, but when it comes to helping you with problems - you're better off talking to a wall. It truly is a shame how disgraceful their costumer service is.

wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds Like you need to start in safe mode to see if it is a app that has a conflict

or do a factory reset which should cure your Problem

0 Likes
Not applicable

Marstellerd, I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your Fascinate and that you feel that way about our customer service. I do want to help. The latest software update ED05 has resolved the majority of the issues with the Fascinate. Does your phone freeze on any certain applications? I agree with wardcst24 in that you should try booting the phone into safe mode to see if any applications running in the background could be causing this issue.

If not happening in safe mode, this could be an issue with an application. It is very likely that an application that was designed for Eclair, will not work on Froyo. If it is still happening in safe mode, I would suggest a factory reset. This will wipe all data and set to default settings. Your SD card will not be affected. As long as your contacts are backed up to either Google or Backup Assistant, you will be able to restore those. 

Lastly, if a factory reset still does not resolve your issue, we can replace your phone thru the manufacturer warranty. 

0 Likes
adclose

MarquiaF_VZW - you are of course aware of all the problems with the ED04 update (2.2 Froyo).  Does the ED05 update solve these problems?

If so, how do I download that update - when I go to Update on the device, it only gives me ED04 to download, not ED05.

What is the software version that this represents?  - e.g. 2.2 xx

Thanks.

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

adclose,

FYI - If you update to 2.2 (Froyo) you will not be able to go back to 2.1 Eclair.  Upon installing the ED04 update the ED05 update will be available.  If you then do a factory reset on your phone it will default back to the ED04 update (2.2 Froyo).

Good Luck!

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

VZW_consumer wrote:

adclose,

FYI - If you update to 2.2 (Froyo) you will not be able to go back to 2.1 Eclair.  Upon installing the ED04 update the ED05 update will be available.  If you then do a factory reset on your phone it will default back to the ED04 update (2.2 Froyo).

Good Luck!

Unless you visit another site to go back to 2.1 if one so desires....
0 Likes
Adam114
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone sucks. It looks nice, but is very slow and has a lot of issues. I purchased this phone in November last year, and today I got my 4th replacement! Every time it has been replaced has been for different issues. I have had more down time than up time with this phone. I have gotten to the point where I use my work phone for everything and don't use this one because it is so slow and breaks so often.

1st replacement - Verizone sent update, lost the ability to text/email

2nd replacement - screen went out....told Verizon about it for weeks and they didn't care, until it went completely out

3rd replacement - turns off by itself, will not load icons or screen after closing out of a phone call, or any app

4th phone - just got it today, already worse than the previous 3! certified like new is {word filter avoidance}

Stay away from this phone!