Samsung Fascinate- Thoughts?
benandmargi

I'm thinking of getting a new phone (the Samsung Fascinate) and I want to know what people think of it. I've heard many good reviews, but I've heard some bad ones as well. Tell me what y'all think about...hmm.. the battery life, reliability (not dropping calls, good reception, etc.), texting (Easy-to-use keyboard?), and an overall rating of this phone. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Fascinate- Thoughts?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

benandmargi wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a new phone (the Samsung Fascinate) and I want to know what people think of it. I've heard many good reviews, but I've heard some bad ones as well. Tell me what y'all think about...hmm.. the battery life, reliability (not dropping calls, good reception, etc.), texting (Easy-to-use keyboard?), and an overall rating of this phone. Thanks.

batt life: i easliy go from 6am to 11pm and have 70% of batt left, and i do not run any task killer

dropped calls: none that i can remember

reception: fine

gps: no issues.

texting: i dont text alot but it seems fine to me

its a good phone, theres alot of dev support if your into that stuff, but its a warranty violations

remeber its still on 2.1, so if you need 2.2 for flash, and some other things, you may wanna wait a bit.

samsung has released the 2.2 source, but vzw has not annonced anything about an update yet

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

benandmargi wrote:

batt life: i easliy go from 6am to 11pm and have 70% of batt left, and i do not run any task killer

dropped calls: none that i can remember

reception: fine

gps: no issues.

texting: i dont text alot but it seems fine to me

its a good phone, theres alot of dev support if your into that stuff, but its a warranty violations

remeber its still on 2.1, so if you need 2.2 for flash, and some other things, you may wanna wait a bit.

samsung has released the 2.2 source, but vzw has not annonced anything about an update yet

0 Likes
benandmargi

Thanks! That's really helpful. I'm thinking of going to a Verizon store to check one of 'em out. 

0 Likes
wildcat1935

It also supports Family Locator and NFL Mobile something the Thunderbolt doesn't.

0 Likes
ts87016

Anyone with info on syncing your Outlook contacts and calendar with the Samsung Fascinate?  I just got the new phone and haven't explored yet how to do this.  I was told it could be done by Verizon but not sure how easy it is or if there is a third party app required.  Any info appreciated.  Tahnks

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

ts87016 wrote:

Anyone with info on syncing your Outlook contacts and calendar with the Samsung Fascinate?  I just got the new phone and haven't explored yet how to do this.  I was told it could be done by Verizon but not sure how easy it is or if there is a third party app required.  Any info appreciated.  Tahnks

you need 3rd party software, look in the android market

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

mdram4x4 wrote:

ts87016 wrote:

you need 3rd party software, look in the android market

Search for Google Apps Sync for Microsoft® Outlook software and install it.. It will sync your calender with outlook
0 Likes
GBinHockley

Generally very happy. Display is GREAT. Swype is GREAT. Slim, Light. Would trade weight for better battery life. Trouble with 2.2 update Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vlrech
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am having problems with the update. It is really draining my battery. I talked with service and they want to do a restore on the phone. I am not ready to do that, I will have to restore all my apps and everything I have downloaded. I have heard conflicting information. I read that anything you download that is free, needs to be downloaded again. Losing everything already stored (if playing games etc, is everything lost) Lots of time spent on some of these and not ready to give that up. Today I was told that gmail somehow would help to get all the apps back. Didn't have this problem before the update. Very annoying.

LKOLIVER
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone went through the update and that was the end of it. Now when I hit a button I have to wait anywhere form 30 seconds to two minutes before it will register and go through, and texts are a waste at this point. Texts I sent last week are just leaving my phone and going through today.

I went to the Verizon Store and they did a full reboot on the phone to see if that would fix it. It didn't, but they did manage to delete ALL of my contacts, both work and personal, and were not able to get them back. So now I am starting from scratch waiting on Verizon to ship a replacement phone to my house. Hopefully the next one will be better. I really liked the phont up until the last two weeks or so when all the problems started.