Samsung Fascinate Issues
lauradora
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this phone for a little over a year and there has always been various issues....

Contacts dont merge properly

Phone not ringing for phone calls

No tones for texts

Texts or Picture messages delayed or just not sending

Battery Overheating

Slow/laggy performance

I have contacted VZW numerous times but the problems persist. Am I stuck with this crap till September.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate Issues
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi lauradora,

I hate that we weren't able to get this resolved for you upon your first contact!  I would like to assist with getting your Fascinate working as expected.

First, when did you notice the problems with your device?  After downloading any specific applications or receiving a system update?  Confirm that your device has the most current software version: i500.EH03.  If not, please update the device software.  Let me know so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jchoj14

lauradora,

You're not the only one with these issues.  Today, I've found out that VZW was AWARE of software issues dating back to late last year.  The most recent software update was 11/30/11, and they've been replacing with a different device if issues persist.  My wife has had issues, and has been told "it must be an app you downloaded"---I CALL SHENANIGANS!!!

All Fascinate users who had complained in the past (and become disenfranchised by the BS stock answers of user error) should have been contacted.  Her contract is almost up, and, if the device isn't replaced with something else...it'll be replaced by another carrier.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

They don't care

Losing one or two or 50 line's of service does not bother them

They will always find another fool to replace us with

Sick of what they have put us through with there JUNK PHONE and FIRMWARE

0 Likes
lauradora
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you suggested I tried updating but I already have most recent update. The phone is now consistantly over heating while charging. The other issues still occur periodically. I am quite frustrated with my fascinate. I like the phone just the issues I am having are very disappointing. I have not had very many issues with Verizon products or service... there have been a few issues but like most companies there are a few bad CS reps.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

I see lauradora!  I'd like to take care of this for you.

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and mobile number (the number activated to the Fascinate) so I can further assist.

Thanks again,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lauradora
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can not find a way to send you a personal message.

0 Likes
nsalomone

I am having the same problem with sending and receiving messages.  This is a new problem for me, and only started about 2 weeks ago.  However, it's crippling for my homelife and worklife.  People who rely on me cannot get to me, or don't get my messages for days. 

I have checked the software version, and have the 2.3.5 version.  I have tried to upgrade the phone, but was told it would cost me $350 to break my contract and $400 for the phone.  Even with the extended warrenty.  Really?  I'm not trying to break the contract.  I just want a phone that works the way it's supposed to.

I have tried removing the battery, reactiving/programming the phone, wiping all of my text messages and starting fresh, and removing the games/apps that were downloaded prior to this issue starting.

I can't find a way to PM you either AnthonyTa_VZW.

0 Likes
jpinsl

The PM function is a bit obscure.

Make sure you are logged in, click on the person's name to go to their profile.

Find the CREATE menu, then choose DIRECT MESSAGE

0 Likes
dbcondit

Like so many Fascinate owners I too am having issues; phone freezes, I don't receive some texts, shuts off for no apparent reason, won't go into sleep mode and takes a screen shot instead, and on and on. I am on my third Fascinate in a year and a half. What other conclusion could I come to but the phone is a cheap piece of junk. I've really had it with Verizon no-customer service. Guess I'm stuck with this thing until my contract ends, then I'll take my business elsewhere.

0 Likes