Re: Samsung Fascinate FAQ (Get your Fascinate questions answered here)
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so I have a question.  I was not liking the stock email notification and performance so I took someone's advice and went to the market and downloaded maildroid.  I like it much better so far.  However, the stock email app that was on the phone still reads email, the maildroid reads email and all this data has to bog down memory or battery at some point, so is there anyway to remove the email app that came with the phone?  If not could I remove the email accounts from that app?  Should I really even worry about doing this?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If both apps are polling the account, that could definitely impact battery life.  You should just be able to go into the default mail app and delete the account there since you have it in another.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not working my way.  Ok so I go to settings/accounts&sync/accounts listed are facebook and gmail/ .  My POP3 account isn't listed but the emails are polling in the default email app and the maildroid app.  So I go to the the default email app and the yahoo account and the POP3 account are listed there and I can't figure out for the life of me why I cannot remove these two accounts entirely!  OMG I am losing my mind.  IS there something I am missing?

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

the kind of quick and dirty way of solving this would be to  go into the e mail app, go into account settings, set the check frequency to never. this will keep it dormant, and it will never bother you again. no, you cannot delete this app on a phone as it comes from verizon.

0 Likes
ladybell
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for that down and dirty tip.  :smileywink: I also found out that while opening the stock email app, if I long press the account that I am wanting to make those changes to that it gives me an option from there to remove the account!  Thanks for the tip though.  I imagine both work. 

0 Likes