Samsung Fascinate - Camera problem...
JennieGirl1124

Hey everyone

I recently downloaded the updated software for the Fascinate and now my camera will not work! When I try to open my camera a message runs across the screen saying "Please wait..." and I have waited at least 10 minutes and it never went off the screen for me to be able to use the camera.  Any thoughts?  I downloaded a free app called Camera Effects and it lets me use my camera just fine, but the Camera that actually came on the phone no longer works... Please help! :smileysad:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Fascinate - Camera problem...
Not applicable

It definitely sounds like there are some issues with the camera, but not mechanical ones.  Have you tried to pull the battery yet on the phone?  You can also try to clear the camera.  Go to settings> applications> manage applications> all (at the top)> scroll through and find the camera and touch on it> if there are any buttons that are not grey and are selectable click on them (force stop, clear data, clear cache). 

If all else  fails, and the camera still does not work, you may need to master reset your phone. I included a link below with steps.

Master reset steps 

Let us know if this fixed your camera.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

It definitely sounds like there are some issues with the camera, but not mechanical ones.  Have you tried to pull the battery yet on the phone?  You can also try to clear the camera.  Go to settings> applications> manage applications> all (at the top)> scroll through and find the camera and touch on it> if there are any buttons that are not grey and are selectable click on them (force stop, clear data, clear cache). 

If all else  fails, and the camera still does not work, you may need to master reset your phone. I included a link below with steps.

Master reset steps 

Let us know if this fixed your camera.

0 Likes
prhammer

I've been having the same problem with the phone saying "Please Wait" and never becoming usable since the froyo 2.2 update. I have also taken the following steps:

1. OTA Update

2. Backup and then Factory reset >> The camera worked briefly, but then the problem returned.

3. Soft reset (battery removal)

The problem continues.

Thanks for the heads up on Camera Effects. 

Barcode scanner - which also uses the camera - also works.

I also checked Manage Applications and the camera did not have any options that were not greyed out.

0 Likes
mandoman

I have the same problem with my phone since the update and I'm getting frustrated...My text messaging app has slowed down a buttload as well... I hope someone comes up with a solution or a fix for the bugs..

0 Likes
RolllTide14

I also have the same problem (not to mention a whole list of others...) with my camera, even after a battery pull. I would really hate to have to do a reset on my phone, especially since someone mentioned they did and it didn't work for them. Like the other posters, my camera apps work, just not my real one. I hope this gets fixed!

0 Likes
Darkuwa

Same problem here. I can record video, I can use a bar code scanner with the phone, but when I try to take a picture, it save a crap file. The dimensions of the pictures are -1x-1.

I have tried everything. Restored to factory default. Soft reset. Tried every combination of settings on the camera. Nothing has worked.

0 Likes
Josiahthiesen
Did the proposed solution work for anyone? Why would this be marked as solved if it is not? I am having the same issue.
0 Likes
Josiahthiesen
In fact, this is the second update verizon has released for this phone and the socond time updating the phone has broken vital functiinality. And verizon always tells me I need to format my phone and all the happens is hours of waisted time trying to restore my data. So jenniegirl, did formatting your phone solve it? Because touching all the grey buttons sure did nothing.
0 Likes
Jazzman64

This software push from Samsung has been a nightmare for us. Exact same problems described by others here--most notably, the camera stops working entirely. We took the phone in to a Verizon store, and were told it basically had to be replaced. Because of a software push we didn't even want or request! So now we have to have a new phone sent to us, rebuild our data and settings, etc. and send the old one back. This bites so badly I can't even stand it!

0 Likes
tygreiz

Why is this listed as solved.  It is not solved.  Please revisit issue.

0 Likes