Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2
TomT

Will the Samsung Fascinate every get Android 2.2?  I am patient and can wait, but it is not clear that this smartphone wil every be updated.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I would guess sometime this year, if you want to wait but since Samsung has not realeased the update to Verizon, I would just forget it for now, its sometime off I now think.
0 Likes
gsp10
it should be pretty clear by now that we will never get an official froyo or anything anymore verizon and samsung just dont care anymore
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

O I think they care just not about us.

They Care about selling new phones and Contracts that is all

I think they want us to be unhappy that = New phone sale at full Price or ETF $$$$$

0 Likes
Gonzo313
Yea, first time with verizon and will absolutely be the last. Have had phone since september and still no update. Samsung can go to hell too, bought a 60" sharp tv over samsung for thi reason. NEVER AGAIN!!!
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
I finally gave up and went and got it like others and it is running perfect.. I don't understand what the hold up is..
0 Likes
gsp10
there is absolutely no reason for the hold up
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

gsp10 wrote:

oh so your the developer and know its 100% ready to release with zero bugs?

nice, so what took ya so long?

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

mdram4x4 wrote:

gsp10 wrote:

oh so your the developer and know its 100% ready to release with zero bugs?

nice, so what took ya so long?

Zero bugs?  There is no such device.  I came from BlackBerry, they have bugs.  My friends with Iphones have bugs, and my friends with Androids have bugs.  Does Froyo have a few, yes.  Does Eclair have them, yes.  And will Gingerbread,Honeycomb, and future OS's have them?  YES THEY WILL...............

I agree with other posters.  Froyo runs well enough on the Fascinate for release.  The best testers in the world are the users. As problems occur patches can be developed.

I think they are more underlying reasons it hasn't been released.

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

SFObrien has a point. The numbers of requests for help to deal with bugs in any single version of custom ROM really doesn't really seem higher than the requests here dealing with bugs in the corporate ROM.

The only real difference is at xda often you can actually communicate with the dev who wrote the ROM.

0 Likes