Samsung Fascinate-2.3 update causing major problems.
CaptainD500

I bought my Samsung Fascinate not long after it first came out and it had Android 2.1 on it.  It had a short battery life, like most smartphones, and I bought an extra capacity battery, but overall the phone worked great with absolutely no dropped calls.  When the OS was upgraded to 2.2, it had it's little quirks, but was still a good operating phone.  About 2 weeks ago, my phone's OS was updated to Android 2.3.5 and, immediately, I started having multiple issues.  My phone constantly freezes, several times every day, which necessitates me pulling the battery for a hard reboot. I also have constant dropped calls now, which I never had before, and sometimes my phone will stop responding and just reboot itself. The battery life is even worse than it was before. I had a feeling that it might be a problem when the phone froze during the update and I had to manually reboot it. This is very annoying and I wish I wish there was some way I could roll the OS backwards. I now have a fancy, quirky paperweight, and I can no longer depend on my phone. I am now thinking that I will need to buy a new phone, which I'm sure will please Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Fascinate-2.3 update causing major problems.
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Google Search

that will get you what you want

[ROM][ODIN][FACTORY][ED05]

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I agree with ward, but I would probably try a Factory data reset first.

Menu   settings  privacy   Factory data reset

Be sure to backup up all your contacts, calendar, etc first.

0 Likes
twk1979

I did update last week...

Problem with 2.3 are

1. TW launcher error... and  device freeze~~

2. rebooting without no reason...

3. black out screen

4. 3G signal is worse than 2.2

5. Not charging full. display says 100% with charger connected.. when disconnect, go down actual bettary charged amount.

6. video player's volume is way low, sometimes no sounds at all..

Now, my fascinate runs on Go Launcher EX....

Verizon better have resolve these issue very soon...~~!!!!

0 Likes