Ringtones unavailable!!!
MeAgain

I downloaded ringtones from verizon wireless.  Got a message saying I have successfully purchased them.  When I click on the message the ringtone plays.  But there is NO WAY to download them into my ringtone list.  I called support and they had no idea.  Has anyone figured out how to download ringtones to this phone????

One of the ringtones that I purchased automatically showed up in my ringtones.   That's how its worked with past phones.  Is this a glitch in the fascinate?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ringtones unavailable!!!
hellopretty86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Heres the steps:

At your home page, select message>select message thread> select menu (bottom left button)> select attached items> then select save (select when a green check mark is presented> select home> select apps> select music player> set and hold the music clip> select set> select voice call ringtone. WHEWWW!! Thats alot of work, but that only way I know. ENJOY

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hellopretty86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Heres the steps:

At your home page, select message>select message thread> select menu (bottom left button)> select attached items> then select save (select when a green check mark is presented> select home> select apps> select music player> set and hold the music clip> select set> select voice call ringtone. WHEWWW!! Thats alot of work, but that only way I know. ENJOY

0 Likes
sgtdizzy

THANK YOU!!!!!

I just got my phone the other day and this was driving me NUTS!

0 Likes
MeAgain

You're a miracle worker!!!  Many thanks.

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

hellopretty86 wrote:

Heres the steps:

hellpretty86, it isn't that I doubt you at all. But, can someone verify that this works for VZW ringtones? I had this same issue when I purchased ringtones on VZW last week and when I called customer service, I was told this is a known issue with Android phones that they are working to resolve, but at this point have not, and they credited me for the cost of the ringtones.

I don't want to re-purchase them and try this if it isn't confirmed and reconfirmed to work.

0 Likes
MeAgain

I bought them from my computer at verizonwireless.com.  I called support & they gave me all different directions (in other words they didn't know) and said if I re-ordered them they would not charge me twice for the same ringtone.  They would remove any duplicated purchases.  I have 12 duplicates that they will be removing.  

I followed hell's directions and it worked. Once I assigned the sound to a contact, the sound showed up on the ringtone list.

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

WAIT! HELP! This is marked as resolved, but this does not work for me.  When I get the ringtone in a text message, the option to select and save is not there. The only option is "Download" right on the message, but that is what didn't work last time.  Do you think the problem is that I am using Handcent instead of the native message app?

0 Likes
MeAgain

When you open the message and hear the tone toch the menu key (lower left).  There should be an option "attach items".  Is that there?  What happens when you choose it?

0 Likes
JPA
Enthusiast - Level 3

when I open the message there is no tone. there is only a message that reads

Congratulations! You have successfully p> Message size: 30KB  

and a box that reads Download

0 Likes
MeAgain

Have you checked your music player to see if the tone is there? 

I'm not familiar with handcent.  Is there any way to retrieve the message with the default message program? 

0 Likes