Ringtone Installation?
smrsno

I moved a ringtone from my computer to the SD card in my Samsung Fascinate.  I loaded it to:
apps/my files/download  AND apps/my files/media/audio AND apps/my files/media/audio/notifications

Under 'audio', there is only one folder names 'notifications'. The reason I loaded it to so many places

was to make sure I had it on the phone and that it would be accessible.

Then, when I go to apps/settings/sound & display/phone ringtone.....of course, it is not listed there.

Then, when I go to apps/settings/sound & display/notifications....of course, it is listed there.

When long pressing the file and selecting 'move', where do I move it to, to set as a ring tone?

Also, is it possible to see the "internal storage" files with windows explorer when connected to the computer?

Thank You!!

0 Likes
Re: Ringtone Installation?
bigbruno

To be able to load the ringtone's onto your phone, you have to go to the media folder, and then in there create 3 new folders. Alarms, ringtones, and notifications. From there, just load your ringtone to which ever folder is applicable, and disconnect your phone. Once it reloads the memory card, you can then go to settings, sounds and displays, and then select your ringtone in there. Here is a link to a helpful video that I found when trying to figure this out as well for my phone.

0 Likes
smrsno

Thanks so much!  I knew I was missing the 'ringtone' folder and didn't think  just adding it would make it all work.  I created the folder as you instructed, moved the ringtone to that folder and then configured it to be my ringtone.  Very easy.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
bigbruno

No problem at all. That was one of the very first things I tackled when I got my phone. The pre-installed ringtones were just too cookie cutter for me, and just wouldn't do.

0 Likes
MrsMush
Thanks for the info, I was freaking out about not being able to use purchased ringtones for my text messages. Again thanks a bunch!!!
0 Likes