Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
Tidbits
Legend

Who's say I am angry? Stop assuming.  You are the one that seems angry wanting to blame the world for your problems. Just trying to help focus your anger at the right people to start a change for the better.  After all it's our money right?

0 Likes
Re: Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

VZ or any wireles carrier for that matter could care less about what problems you have with the device really. Disconnect and go deal with the same thing on other carriers.

Verizon only sells the phones, anyone can put a logo on a piece of plastic. That logo is a form of marketing so people can see that you're with verizon when you take out your phone. Phone isn't considered new after 14 days, so I don't know why you would expect a new one. You paid money for it brand new, but after 14 days, it isn't worth that same amount of money. Would you take it back if you sold it after telling that customer he had 14 days?

Cs reps are only doing their job. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a rep who will let you know the truth and be honest about everything and not just run scripts. Reps are normal people like you and me where some are more tech inclined but majority know just as much as you do if not less. They only know what they are told, and they only do what they are told. As it's been said, if you have such an issue, take it to court or write to coporate.

0 Likes
fastearle86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yah, its me again...lol Anyway, i agree to disagree with the whole thing of responsibility....but....i will also say that after much discussion on the phone with Verizon, they wanted to get me taken care of...all this mind you, regardless of who is responsible for whatever the hell is going on with these phones. Clearly, they are having issues with these phones. I simply cannot and will not have a phone that i cant make calls from. (For longer than 10 minutes at least). Bottom line. That said, i have it documented and a new phone is on the way.

Now, if the new one has the same issues? I also got it documented that they would give me a different model of phone...

No matter what is said in here, THIS ABOVE IS THE BOTTOM LINE. Yes, it took a rather stern call but they were willing and I dont thing anyone can complain about that...

Thanks

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Did you get a brand new phone or one of their refurbished phones?  Also please keep us updated, I would love to know how things are working out.  Need that hope for the future.

0 Likes
fastearle86
Enthusiast - Level 3

They informed me that it would be a certified, "Like New" replacement. I really don't care if it is a refurbished as long as it looks new and most importantly, doesn't drop calls or whatever is going on with it. The tech seemed to think that the mic was bad but he could see that i was dropping calls as well. I did inquire about antenna issues that i read in a different forum and his reply was rather interesting... He said that Verizon will not sell a phone that is "Sub Standard" in any way. He was completely unaware of any issues with the antenna in the Galaxy Nexus, which he supposedly owned himself, but that there were some phones with issues but were not rampant and were random. Quote by the way. He said everything was thoroughly tested before it is released to the public. Hence why he was willing to help me with whatever was needed.

Yes it is a pain but it is a new design and software. I am sure that whatever happens, they will cover me but I will keep you updated as things happen. Hopefully the new one will work but i do know that my job will not tolerate a phone dropping calls many times a day... especially when on with the boss! I think Verizon understands my pain at this point...

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Best way to think of it...

Devices are never perfect as the people who make them are not perfect.  Mass production will see as high as a 5% fail rate in construction.  There is no way around it...  It happens and all devices go through it even the iPhone to the Nexus.  This is the reason why we have warranties.

0 Likes
fastearle86
Enthusiast - Level 3

One week in and all is well at this point. It is a certified used device. Looks new however and acts new. It doesn't drop calls, or at least hasn't as of yet.

My advice is make the trade. If it doesn't work, then they will provide you with a new model. This is what i was told at least.

Also, you will have everything documented. If issues continue, they wouldnt be able to continue selling the phone.

I think my point there is that no matter what you read, if you go through them on the phone, they will help you. So far, I can't say they won't!

I hope this helps someone!

0 Likes
GaryWHolland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anything new to report in regards to your replacement phone? I haven't had the drop calls as an issue, however I have had random reboots and terrible signal for voice as well as data. 4g goes in and out and sometimes no data at all. Battery life on my GNex is horrible. Just in the time it has taken to read through this thread my battery has decreased to around 41% in 1h 39m 51s on the battery since I removed it from the charger. It has basically set idle during that time except for a couple of text messages. Here's to hoping and waiting for a fix! LOL!

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have nothing to add to the conversation other than I am suffering from the same and other problem.I have four Galaxy Nexus phones, if fix ain't coming befour end of May month then I'm going back to Costco store where i bought it.

0 Likes
bwood2032

There is something seriously wrong with your phone specifically. Battery shouldn't die that fast. Try to get it replaced.

For everyone else, if you've used an android phone at any point in your life before this one, you should not be surprised about the phone lasting 10 hours. Get the extended battery and carry both batteries with you. The only android phone that should have amazing battery life is the  razr maxx. This thing has a 4.65 inch 720p screen and 4g. These are both fairly new and known power consumers. As time progresses, more efficient ways of conserving battery will develop.

The signal issues on the phone aren't necessarily verizon's fault as other 4g phones can have excellent signal when in the same vicinity as the nexus. Samsung phones historically have weaker reception. It has something to do with how they manufacture their phones. An update could make it a little better, but you most likely won't get better reception than phones with other manufacturers.

Speaking of this update, we're all waiting for it, BUT there has not been an official date. Not one verizon employee knows when it will be released so dont listen to what they say. It's all just rumors. Its a combination of Samsung, Google, and Verizon to release the update and the only reason verizon is involved with that process is the CDMA network. No news has come from any of these sources so we dont know where the hold up is.

Everybody wants somebody to blame, but you have somewhere to go if you have issues. You should've known your phone was flawed within 14 days of purchasing, so EXCHANGE IT. You should have insurance for your high end phone in case something goes wrong with it, so EXCHANGE IT. If you don't have insurance, get in touch with the manufacturer and either have that fixed or exchange through them. and if the update is coming too slow for you, root the phone and stop complaining. if something goes defective, you can unroot and lock the bootloader. Instead of complaining about every little issue, do something about it because nothing is made perfect.

And there are also apps to raise your volume. The phone dropping calls occasionally is an issue, but other than that there is nothing that makes this phone unusable.

0 Likes