Re: Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tell you what guys... I think this whole thing is just a really elaborate advertisement to force people into the Droid brand. Verizon has proven time and time again that that's the only one they 'support.'

"OH so you're having problems with the Nexus? That phone with all the pure google stuff? OH well if you DONT want any problems get a Droid Razr Maxx... Come on.... its just so much better with vCAST!"

Fok Dat!

Yeah I've given up on update rumors. But I can't help but wish slightly that this nexus will be freed.

I've had countless scenarios where the 'managers' and the 'tech's knew less than I did.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I'm done. I wanted to love the Galaxy Nexus but the radios suck and 4G to 3G handoff can take a minute or 2. Sometimes it reboots on it's own and gets stuck in mid boot up. Combine that with no software updates on a NEXUS device after 5 months when every other version has been updated to 4.0.4, including Sprint's nearly identical Galaxy Nexus. The Sprint version has  Google Wallet too......My Droid Razr Maxx arrives today. It's water resistant, has a huge battery and gorilla glass, better radios and it will ICS in a month or so. Its a no brainer at this point...

CasperS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really like my G-Nexus, but the bugs are starting to get to me. I haven't been able to send corporate email from my phone from day one but I've been told repeatedly that this will be corrected with the forthcoming update.

Can someone from VZW please just give the community a straight answer about what the holdup is? I understand that asking for an actual date might not be possible, but we need to hear your voice on this or we are all going to abandon ship for a carrier that is more responsive. Please, just give us a little information.

0 Likes
walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

MikeInATL wrote:

Here's what happened to me on Monday...

After a month of pressing and being persistent (and getting just plain ugly), I finally got to a "regional" manager.  He called me on Monday after reviewing my case with his local manager.  One of the first questions he asked me was if I had updated to the new release. Of course I said no, and I'm sure I had a weird look on my face.  He said the technicians he talked to before calling me said there was a new update.  I then had to educate this "regional" manager that VZW has not released that update.  He said he was under the impression that his tech had a phone that had it and suggested I manually check.  I told him that a rumored soak test occurred at the beginning of the month to (some) corporate owned phones so it was possible they had the new version on a device there.  And that I manually check countless times a day.  I assured him that the rest of us are still on 4.0.2 - stuck with all of the issues.

1.  Why am I - Average Joe Consumer - educating a "regional" manager from VZW on this topic?

2.  It shows the HUGE disconnect within VZW

3.  It shows that updates are so secretive that I don't think anybody, at any level, that has or can have any involvement with the consumer, knows what's going on or can/will provide factual information

4.  Whenever anybody posts something somewhere on the web that they were told by a level x tech at VZW that the update will be pushed at xx:xx on xx/xx/xxxx, I don't believe it anymore.

Oh, and this "regional" manager told me that he had a Nexus but traded it for the Razr Maxx when he started having problems.  At least he was familiar with the problems I was having instead of suggesting if from phone abuse or saying there's nothing wrong with the phone and he acknowledged a software update.

What are the odds Verizon is collecting back all of the Galaxy Nexus phones it sold rather than send out the update?

Now that Google offers the phone direct via the play store, I wonder if this is an internal strategy.

How many Galaxy Nexus phones will VZW customers turn in once ICS is introduced enmasse on other devices?

It will be interesting to see what happens once an equivalent device is released. Unfortunately the Razr Maxx has no reported release date for ICS (Updated May 18th, 2012), and therefore, continues to be an inferior product....it does make phone calls, and that's a plus.

0 Likes
Gadgetlover

Were you able to trade in your Nexus for the Maxx? I'd like to do the same but don't want to pay full price.

0 Likes
RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

was speaking with customer support... they said they didn't know... then finally referred to the droid life article saying "OH Maybe this week."

RAGE.

0 Likes
RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just about ready to get out of VZ and just go back to Tmobile and use my old nokia till the New nexus comes out... this is atrocious.

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would be more understanding if someone could give me a straight answer without so many different stories coming from customer support, but I do not know who to believe anymore.

0 Likes
Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think this article from GottaBeMobile says it best: http://http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/05/23/the-worst-part-about-the-wait-for-the-verizon-galaxy-...

I don't think we'll be seeing an update anytime soon.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

I just called and complained and the rep sent me the razor maxx no

questions asked. Hope it's better than the nexus

Randy's Samsung Galaxy Nexus

On May 23, 2012 12:58 PM, "nexus_truth" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes