Re: Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

did you have to pay or did they let you switch?

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 3:21 PM, DroidudeAZ

0 Likes
Colecago
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave up, I was sick of waiting.  Google posted the update on their servers by "accident" a day or so ago, maybe they are throwing some bones to us po'd nexus customers, we know Verizon doesn't give a crap.  Maybe they'll update today, maybe they'll update tomorrow, but I'm updated now, and I don't have to screw around on the internet waiting anymore.  I bet some of these update rumors are from VZW employees just dragging us around a little longer.

0 Likes
RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

How is 4.0.4 Running now that you've gotten the update from google directly?

I'm debating that too... not sure yet tho. Tired of waiting for my phone to

work properly.

0 Likes
Colecago
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure yet, haven't used all the features, will give an update later tonight.  So far though, it has fixed (at least for now) the wifi cutting out when the screen is off.  Before it would always cut out even when "wifi always awake" was set.  So at least that's a win.

0 Likes
RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

ahh cool. yeah let us know how you fare. wish verizon let us self enroll in

a 'beta program' so we could be their ota testers... aka get the updates

cuz we want them versus waiting for them .

0 Likes
Colecago
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi Works a ton better for me, reception, according to bars seems a bit better, but its hard to tell as it comes and goes and seems affected by weather and clouds and such.  Rotation lag doesn't seem much better, but at least its consistent.  It seems to always be around 2s for me.  One bad thing that I'm noticing, I've made two calls tonight, and my reception stayed good, but the audio quality seemed pretty poor.  The voices on the other side kept getting louder and quieter, kind of like warbeling, which made it hard to understand.  It could have been bad reception or something else funny, hard to tell.  I'll post again probably after the holiday with more experience.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

I'm loving my new razr maxx

0 Likes
artj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google has answered this question. They have placed the 4.0.4 update for the Nexus including the Verizon version on their servers. I suggest a little reading and searching.

0 Likes
RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/samsung_galaxy_nexus_instructions.pdf

Documentation is up on VZW's support site. Update soon i'm guessing... or IMM76K manually if you dare.

0 Likes
fastearle86
Enthusiast - Level 3

But the Razr is worth the trade and if , and when, it does have ICS with the battery life it has? WOW, it would be tough to beat in the Android world. I get 3 days normal use on a charge and i USE it... I do run my phones lean though...=-)

0 Likes