Re: Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

that depends on when those units were built. even if they don't, however, since verizon isn't interfering with the GSM versions you can get the google OTA update immediately.

>Post edited to remove a word some may take offense to<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

^^^ This guy, lol.

0 Likes
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

RunningSloth wrote:

Same here, switched from TMO to VZ... not sure if that was a smart move. I only did it for the nexus. Guess I shouldn't have lost faith in Magenta.

Well that's your problem there, sloth. You should've stuck with T-Mobile and got the thoroughly awesome GSM Nexus!

RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know... i'm leaving the dark side as soon as I can find a way to. They're basically stealing my money at this point. I have to say though, I wish google had really set out "GUIDELINES" for the nexus brand so I wouldn't have made a faulty purchase in the first place.

The VZW Nexus is more like the Motorola Droid 1 versus the Nexus One... N1 = updates from google. Droid = verizon?

A droid in sheeps clothing.

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Me too!

On May 24, 2012 12:07 PM, "RunningSloth" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
ldiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told there will be a May release by more than one VZW employee (including a tier 2 tech support and a call center supervisor)...I am going to patiently wait until Friday June 1 and then demand that they replace my 5 month old handset with a completely different model if there is no release in the next 7 days! Or at least demand that they release me from my service agreement if they cannot up hold their end of the bargain!!!   Totally agree with runnigsloth...this is the corporate equalivalent of stealing from their customers.

I did request that VZW reinburse the minutes charge on my last bill since I was unable to complete a phone call that lasted longer than 5 minutes before my mic turned off.  They did reinburse me a third of my bill.  I guess if you want a solution to your problem you need to ask for it or you won't be offered any resolution.

walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

ldiamond wrote:

I was told there will be a May release by more than one VZW employee (including a tier 2 tech support and a call center supervisor)...I am going to patiently wait until Friday June 1 and then demand that they replace my 5 month old handset with a completely different model if there is no release in the next 7 days! Or at least demand that they release me from my service agreement if they cannot up hold their end of the bargain!!!   Totally agree with runnigsloth...this is the corporate equalivalent of stealing from their customers.

I suspect things will get really interesting once VZW has another ICS handset available...

RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only 'successful phones' on verizon are the droid branded ones... AND I WONDER WHY....

0 Likes
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hell it looks like the Motorola Droid RAZR is going to get ICS 4.0.4 before the Nexus. This is stupid.

ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sloth, it appears that I too may be switching to T-Mobile soon, seeing as I effectively lose $5 every month by not doing so (that figure includes considerations for my ETF). How is their reception compared with Verizon's?

0 Likes
Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

thats hilarious that a regional manager admitted to switching to a razr maxx

0 Likes