Re: Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I am not, but I work with enough of them. And if you have ever taken a contracts class you'd reach the same conclusion.

0 Likes
walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

nexus_truth wrote:

No, I am not, but I work with enough of them. And if you have ever taken a contracts class you'd reach the same conclusion.

I got it...

Kinda like..."I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night", right?

I work with Attorney's everyday and specialize in contract negotiation.

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then run it by them, but there are no grounds for a lawsuit because Verizon hasn't breached your contract. If they tried to change the terms during your 2 years that would constitute a breach, but you should know that if you work for attorneys.

Good luck with you lawsuit; at least, you don't have to go very far to ask somebody to file it for you.

0 Likes
walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

nexus_truth wrote:

Then run it by them, but there are no grounds for a lawsuit because Verizon hasn't breached your contract. If they tried to change the terms during your 2 years that would constitute a breach, but you should know that if you work for attorneys.

Good luck with you lawsuit; at least, you don't have to go very far to ask somebody to file it for you.

No. I'm not running anything by anyone.

I don't work for attorney's. They work for my clients and with me in transactions I facilitate and negotiate.

Perhaps you've mistaken me for another poster.

I simply asked if you were an attorney since you appear to be dispensing legal advice.

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not currently  I am in the process and  am trying to add a word of caution to this discussion.

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

My understanding is that all of the GSM phones have the 4.0.4 upadate and all of Sprints CDMA GNEX also have the 4.0.4 update. Verizon is the only carrier who has not released the update.

0 Likes
boed1
Contributor - Level 1

I think Verizon should give a little back for the way they are spitting on us Nexus owners.   Give us a free upgrade to the Galaxy SIII or at least a month of free service.

Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

You could definitely file a class action lawsuit. first of all, if at the

time of purchase you are assured that any problems with the phone will be

fixed by a software update, but then after 14 days you lose your right to

exchange the phone for another model because you made the mistake of

trusting the seller, that violates the Uniform Commercial Code. You lose

contractual right because you relied on the promise of the seller to your

detriment. Second, when a corporation's employees are misleading customers

on a mass scale (ie. "call Samsung, they put out the updates, we have no

idea;" or "there's an update ready to go," both of which I've been told)

that's a violation of fair business practices. I've personally been told

about 6 completely different stories by Verizon employees. When you are on

contract for a product, they generally don't have the right to blatantly

lie to you. Companies' are liable for their employees actions. Judging from

this and other forums, others have had the same experience. Also, it

doesn't take a technical breach of contract to have a lawsuit. Courts

routinely find contracts unjust, or one side's performance of the contract

unsatisfactory, and disregard them. So it's not an issue of getting

"laughed out of the courtroom," it's an issue of a huge corporation that

has vast resources, and clearly is not concerned about treating its

customers fairly, or even legally, because it doesn't fear any

repercussions.

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:57 AM, walidmrealtor <

Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just received this email from Verizon tech support and have underlined and bolded some interesting information.

Dear -------------,

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are having difficulty with your Galaxy Nexus. We understand this can be a source of frustration. We understand that you have made an investment in Verizon Wireless and resolving your concern is our number one priority.

We appreciate your interest in our data products and services. We'd like to assure you that we are committed to providing the very latest in products and services. For that reason, we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence. Doing so allows us to confidently address information regarding products or services that we currently offer. Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met.

At this time, we are unable to state if/when the ICS 4.0.4, will become available as no information has been given. We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration and would like to encourage you to join and discuss the latest news in Verizon Wireless products, and services. Please click the link below for more information:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/welcome

Other helpful information for your device can be found at the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/howTo/phones.jsp

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. It has been a pleasure assisting you today. Our goal is to address your concern and provide you with exceptional customer service. We sincerely hope that you feel we have done that today. Our contact number is 1-800-922-0204, select option number 3 for Technical Support. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.

Sincerely,

---------

Verizon Wireless

Data Technical Support

MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

Here's what happened to me on Monday...

After a month of pressing and being persistent (and getting just plain ugly), I finally got to a "regional" manager.  He called me on Monday after reviewing my case with his local manager.  One of the first questions he asked me was if I had updated to the new release. Of course I said no, and I'm sure I had a weird look on my face.  He said the technicians he talked to before calling me said there was a new update.  I then had to educate this "regional" manager that VZW has not released that update.  He said he was under the impression that his tech had a phone that had it and suggested I manually check.  I told him that a rumored soak test occurred at the beginning of the month to (some) corporate owned phones so it was possible they had the new version on a device there.  And that I manually check countless times a day.  I assured him that the rest of us are still on 4.0.2 - stuck with all of the issues.

1.  Why am I - Average Joe Consumer - educating a "regional" manager from VZW on this topic?

2.  It shows the HUGE disconnect within VZW

3.  It shows that updates are so secretive that I don't think anybody, at any level, that has or can have any involvement with the consumer, knows what's going on or can/will provide factual information

4.  Whenever anybody posts something somewhere on the web that they were told by a level x tech at VZW that the update will be pushed at xx:xx on xx/xx/xxxx, I don't believe it anymore.

Oh, and this "regional" manager told me that he had a Nexus but traded it for the Razr Maxx when he started having problems.  At least he was familiar with the problems I was having instead of suggesting if from phone abuse or saying there's nothing wrong with the phone and he acknowledged a software update.

0 Likes