Re: Responsibility for Galaxy Nexus Update Delay?
ShellyGal
Enthusiast - Level 3

For all of you who are who stuck with the Fake Nexus your misery days could be over very soon. Click or copy and paste the next link on your browser .

<Link and content deleted because it included discussions of rooting and hacking which is is not permitted per the Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm waiting for OTA update released. I don't like to go update manually

0 Likes
ldiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ShellyGal,

If this really has started to roll out today this is welcome news!  Let's just hope it fixes some of the bugs that make this handset just a tiny tablet instead of a cell phone.  Thank you for the update!

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Just off the phone with tech support at Verizon to see if this is the official update.  It is not.  Sounds like your warranty will be voided if you download this.  I was told that 4.0.4 has not ever been released to the public and they have no idea when it will be. The official update will be OTA.   I was told that my best bet at this time is to send my phone back to Samsung for a repair.  This means over three weeks without my phone.  Just amazing because it March, Samsung wanted me to send the phone back to them, when I checked with Verizon I was advised not to do this.  They told me to send the phone back to Verizon for a refurb.  From what I can tell everyone who has sent the phone back to Verizon has same issues they did before.  After a long conversation with the tech, he asked me what I thought of my service that I was receiving from Verizon.  (I had always been happy up until now).  I told him everyone needs to be on the same page and be honest with the customers.  I have been told so many different things by Verizon it makes my head spin.  I have had this phone since day one and have been promised since February that updates are coming if I was patient.  I have been told at least five different time frames by Verizon and none of them materialized.  I spoke to Samsung last week and they also said there is no update available at this time.  Frustrating experience to say the least!

0 Likes
ldiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ kabull

Smiley Sad That is disapointing, I had high hopes...thank you for sharing.  I was told by a supervisor yesterday that the update is coming in May but no specific date was provided.  Their solution was to reactivate my old Blackberry World (which my company no longer wants to support) or send it back to them again for another refurbed handset...knowing full well it won't fix the issue.  I kind of want to keep getting a new hand set and resending it in until the update is released just so they can pay the shipping.  It is not like I am using the phone to make calls anyway and I have other ways of getting my email...

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I am disappointed too. A Level 2 tech told me a couple of weeks ago that a full system update is scheduled for May. He said it would be a large update to address most of the issues including the radios, speaker, portrait/landscape rotation and a bunch of other stuff. I got a Droid 4 as a replacement this week, but the screen is so bad and the vibrate is way too agressive. The phone feels like it's going to shake apart when it turns off. On a good point, my 3rd replacement for the G Nex was good for a couple of months, then in the last few weeks, it turns it self off and gets stuck in the boot up phase and keeps looping. I've had a couple of days where the battery drained quickly. I haven't downloaded any apps which would cause any trouble. I'm torn....I'd be really happy with a comprehensive software update. I want to love this phone...

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not disappointed, I'm PI$$ED OFF!

Verizon said the update to fix this phone would be available in March, then they said April, now they're saying May.  There's no telling when they'll release it.  But it's completely ridiculous that Sprint's version of this phone already has 4.0.4 and that phone just recently came out.  We've been stuck on the crappy version full of critical issues since December.

When I pick up my phone, I fully expect it to work, not be in the middle of a random reboot, or be searching for a signal, or be using 3G when I'm in a strong 4G area, or tell me to connect my charger when I just recently charged it to 100%.

Yes, I can void my warranty and flash the leaked ROM, but that's not the point.  Yes I can send in my phone for a replacement, but I paid for a new phone, not a refurb, which will most likely not fix the problems I'm having.

Verizon has seriously screwed this up and they don't deserve a Nexus device.

walidmrealtor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's support for the issues we've had with this device have been ridiculous.

No support or updates for what was billed as a flagship device for over 5 months is just an incredible failure considering the speed with which the competition has addressed it's customers concerns.

Isn't it odd, I haven't seen a "can you hear me now" commercial in months.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

They won't update this phone and they won't tell me when they will update it and they won't trade it for a phone that works as excpected without charging me the full retail price.  I filed a complaint with the FCC.  I wish others would as well.

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

0 Likes
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could not agree with you more. This phone has been out for SEVERAL months and has had these issues from the very beginning. Basically what we have here is Verizon's petty little tantrum they're having over not wanting Nexus owners to have Google Wallet (which is wrong, stupid, and pointless on so many levels) has been pushing this update back further and further. That's why all these customer service reps are pointing the finger at Samsung, even though Samsung is only the HARDWARE provider for this phone, which really proves how little those people know about this phone and this situation. Android is a Google developed operating system that has nothing to do with Samsung, which is why the Samsung people point the blame back at Verizon, who is really the culprit here. The real bummer is that a briiliant phone in the Galaxy Nexus (and one which, for many reasons, is way better than the iPhone) has been ruined by Verizon's greed and incompetence. Google should just buy Verizon so we can get some real customer service here. They have that kind of money, right?

0 Likes