Removing Apps from the Samsung Fascinate
loraine0105

Will someone please tell me how to remove apps from my fascinate.  I'm going crazy and cannot find it online..Thank you:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Removing Apps from the Samsung Fascinate
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

1. From the Home Screen, press Menu.

2. Tap Settings.

3. Select Applications.

4. Choose Manage Applications.

5. Select the application you wish to remove.

6. Tap the Uninstall button.

7. Tap OK Button to confirm your selection, then OK again.

As already stated pre-installed applications can not be removed.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

You cannot delete/remove the preloaded apps. ( unless you [Edited to comply with Terms of Service] the phone and that voids warranty. )

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Pre-installed applications cannot be removed from the phone. This same discussion has happened over and over again. I not just talking about the Samsung Fascinate, but for all Android, Apple, Blackberry, Win Mobile and Feature phones. The answer is always going to stay the same. No.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

1. From the Home Screen, press Menu.

2. Tap Settings.

3. Select Applications.

4. Choose Manage Applications.

5. Select the application you wish to remove.

6. Tap the Uninstall button.

7. Tap OK Button to confirm your selection, then OK again.

As already stated pre-installed applications can not be removed.  

0 Likes
ChuckS62

So the obvious question here for the official company representatives’ reply is why? 

Are they not able to be removed due to some contractual obligation or some other reason?  A lot of these applications like Blockbuster and City ID I will never use and it kind of upsets me that I am forced to keep them eating up space on my device when I could use that space in the future for things I do have an interest in.

0 Likes
Smokie11
Contributor - Level 1

I am not a Verizon rep. but I do have have a firm grasp of the obvious:smileyhappy:. Any application that Verizon forces upon you will earn Verizon money in one of 2 ways:

1. It will tempt you to use more Verizon paid services.

2. Verizon earns an advertising income from the company that owns the service being peddled.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

ChuckS62 wrote:

So the obvious question here for the official company representatives’ reply is why? 

Are they not able to be removed due to some contractual obligation or some other reason?  A lot of these applications like Blockbuster and City ID I will never use and it kind of upsets me that I am forced to keep them eating up space on my device when I could use that space in the future for things I do have an interest in.

As stated above, it all has to do with revenue for Verizon. The only way to get around that issue is to do something that is not allowed to discuss in this forum.
0 Likes
ChuckS62

Yeah I figured all that out.  But I guess I am old fashioned.  I feel that part of good customer service is giving your customers what they want (within reason).  And being able to control the software installed on a phone that I OWN seems reasonable to me.

I don't want to have to hack a phone I OWN to have it the way I want it.   It should never be necessary to have to go that far.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

ChuckS62 wrote:

Yeah I figured all that out.  But I guess I am old fashioned.  I feel that part of good customer service is giving your customers what they want (within reason).  And being able to control the software installed on a phone that I OWN seems reasonable to me.

I don't want to have to hack a phone I OWN to have it the way I want it.   It should never be necessary to have to go that far.

Agree with you 100%
0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

Even with computers that are loaded down with bloatware the owner can uninstall the crap and have a reasonablely clean system.

0 Likes