Re: Remote Call
ALEWIL10
Enthusiast - Level 2

That makes sense but I only have my messages on one device.

0 Likes
Ex_tech_coach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to your messages main page. Hit the 3 lines at the top left then go to settings. Scroll Dow to registered devices. Make sure nothing is in there. There was more than once I helped someone remove devices that they didn't know was there. If there is nothing there and you want it to atop then you can disable the VERIZON message app in phone settings > apps > app manager and then use the samsung messaging app. Dang I don't work for verizon any more and I'm still doing their job lol.

Tazz3L
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a long online chat. When I went to my TABLET and opened Verison Message+ there....  and DISCONNECTED the table (then it erases all chat data on the tablet) ....  the phone stopped doing the "Remote Call" with a pull button.

I think the other comment person is correct this is about taking call on your tablet or other device and pulling (or pushing) it to the other device.

For now I am going to leave Message+ deactivated on my tablet until Verizon issues a fix or a control of this feature. -- Good luck!

CANIACDAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Stopped by my local Verizon store tonight. Long story short, they disabled my Advanced Calling feature, and the issue went away. Store told me Verizon is updating their Advanced Calling network and issues keep coming up. Told me to try reactivating my Advanced Calling in a few days to see if they issue has resolved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMCas,

Help has arrived! A software update is supposed to enhance your phone, not hinder it. Let’s work together to get this resolved. Ex_tech_coach has provided us with a good clue to work off of. Tazz3L who had this situation happened to him, found that disabling the tablet he had with Verizon Messages+ did the trick. In researching this with our internal device forum moderators that work side by side with the manufacturers they are linking this problem to the Verizon Messages+ app. Do you have the Verizon Messages+ linked to another device? If so, we are going to ask for you to disconnect it. We are working on a fix to get this taken care of.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

One good thing about this one is that if you have no interest in this it is at least one thing you can disable in

application manager 3dots show system apps go down to One Talk and disable 

TINMANSINOZ

I have a samsung watch that I want connected so I can read texts and caller ID to decide if I want to take the phone out of my pocket. I would just like the option to disable this feature. My biggest issue is when I'm on Bluetooth or speakerphone and I don't have my phone view to mute, end, or turn off speaker. It's annoying feature that shouldn't be turned on with no option to turn off besides disconnecting my watch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TINMANSINOZ, it's always a good thing to be able to customize your notifications as needed. I do believe this is an option Samsung provides with their Gear watches and it may work similarly on other watches they offer. Here's an example from Samsung's site on how to turn on and off the notifications you receive from the Gear S2:  http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/skp/faq/1093748.  Depending on which watch you have, you can utilize their support site to see if it's a setting they provide:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
REEMOR61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a way to finally disable this by going to settings then to Advanced calling features and turning off the advanced calling.

LoveChristMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried disconnecting my tablet that had verizon text messaging on it, and I still had the problem, The only way to fix it right now is to turn off advanced calling.