Recieved 4.04
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

Looks as if 4.04 has arrived to me anyway after update i did full erase twice to make sure it is  a good clean install .

Looks a\loke 4.02

except new radios  and different shutdwon screen signal seems better  time will tell

Screenshot_2012-05-07-17-29-51.png

Screenshot_2012-05-07-17-19-25.png

0 Likes
Re: Recieved 4.04
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I haven't received the update yet in Los Angeles

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

The update came to you automatically or you downloaded it?

Just wondering, you show 3g.  Are you in a 4g area.  Do you notice an improvement in signal strength?  Thanks so much.....the rest of us are anxious.

0 Likes
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

No 4g here yet signal seems better --- two day ago the phone did a *22899 update my prl went 52686

then yesteday it updated to 4.04 and as i said did two full erases everything seems ok...

0 Likes
clos101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought the GNex (and all 4g LTE phones) can't do *22899. How did your device manage that?

What part of the country are you in?

EDIT: Just noticed you were on 3g. I guess it's possible!

Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

I thought the same thing but happened to see screen pop *22899  then screen showed updating then rebooted prl changed to 52686  i called tech support they said thats sims do this some times when roaming ... i was traveling In another state when it updated the prl .

4.04 update when i was back home

I have been told if you save *22899 as a contact then dial from contact list it will update the prl ... I don't know if that works or not

0 Likes
clos101
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's so frustrating to hear about other getting the update when most of us haven't.

I don't know what my phone is going to do on a daily basis. I might turn it on to see that the screen won't respond to my touching it. I might wake up and see that i have no connection. Or that my wi-fi hasn't been working and my battery is almost dead.

I just want the damn thing to work. When it does, it's great. The problems seem to just get worse and worse. Talking to verizon "advanced tech support" just adds more frustration. No one really knows anything about what's going on with this damn phone.

0 Likes
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well this seems suspiciously odd.  I say this because I recently found an upgrade page from Telus, a Canadian telecom that said this about the 4.04 update.

"The update is temporarily unavailable for download due to issues discovered by Google in the latest software release.

The release of Android Ice Cream Sandwich v 4.0.4 will provide the following enhancements:

• Cool new Android widgets, notifications, multitasking and lock screen
  • Share contacts, websites, apps, and games using Android Beam
  • Data use management – Warning and usage limits can be specified to control and even turn off data usage"

So if one does get this, it would seem to have some inherent problems.

0 Likes
Bentmountain
Contributor - Level 1

A follow up don't accept this update it has issues

screen not as responsive  irratic data  signal does not seem to be any better

if you uninstall ann app it does not unistall ...

I am going to revert to 4.02 if possible ...

I would say this being the official version is not correct i would say it is more a soak test to weed out issues.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I got 4.0.4 update and my 4gLTE signal is awsome now. Phone is now so much better i had 2 reboots after installing at first, now no reboots.

0 Likes