Question regarding factory reset
lk122288

Hello all.

This may be a silly question, but the answer means a lot to me.

I'd like to do a factory reset on my Galaxy Nexus in order to get all the junk apps I have off in one clean swoop and start fresh.

Here are my assumptions:

1) Doing a factory reset will take the phone to a "factory" state, meaning no phone number will be connected to the phone.

2) The Android version that will be "factory" will be the version of Android installed on the phone currently, NOT what the phone came out of the box with.

Here are my big questions:

1) Will I be able to re-activate the phone after a factory reset to the same phone number I have now?

2) Will re-activating the same phone on the same number change my plan at all?  I have Unlimited Data right now and DO NOT want to lose it until I am forced to get rid of this current phone.  I'd rather deal with taking apps off manually than risking losing the Unlimited.

I appreciate any help!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question regarding factory reset
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card is what holds your phone number information. As long as you keep the card in the phone or reinsert after the factory reset the same SIM card, your number and plan will remain the same.

Don't forget to backup your personal information and pictures to a computer or another device. Since there is only the internal memory everything gets erased in a factory reset on the Galaxy Nexus.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card is what holds your phone number information. As long as you keep the card in the phone or reinsert after the factory reset the same SIM card, your number and plan will remain the same.

Don't forget to backup your personal information and pictures to a computer or another device. Since there is only the internal memory everything gets erased in a factory reset on the Galaxy Nexus.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lk122288

Thanks so much Ann!

0 Likes