Problems with Flash after Froyo OTA update
voddrummer

Hey all, got the Froyo ota last night, everything went smooth. 

After testing Flash, I would receive a message stating that Flash was not installed.  If I check 'all' under managed applications I can see that Flash is installed, but still no luck.  I went to the market and downloaded/installed the Flash 10.2 update...still no luck.

I've done the obvious things already, rebooted/battery pulled phone, uninstalled Flash update, tested again, reinstalled update, tried different browser etc etc but still no luck.  I've checked other threads and forums and doesnt appear other folks are running into this issue....anyone else out there run into this problem at all?  thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with Flash after Froyo OTA update
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Did you go into settings in the browser and make sure Plug-In was set to On-demand or Always?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Did you go into settings in the browser and make sure Plug-In was set to On-demand or Always?

0 Likes
voddrummer

My friend has the same phone and her flash was working fine after the update... so we compared phones and settings.  Everything was identical, her's worked, mine did not.  Both of our 'enable plug ins' settings in the browser were set to 'off'  - because hers worked i made the assumption that didn't need to be changed.   Apparantly, that was my mistake...

After reading your reply, I decided just to go ahead and change it anyway.  It's now working.... so not sure why her's works with the plug in set to off and mine didnt, but just happy its working now.  So...thanks for the reply!~   much appreciated...

0 Likes
Tony0629

I am having issues as well....Once the update first loaded, the flash worked as expected, seamlessly when in browser to view (great!!).  But...I turned my phone off, then back on, and it did not, with the sites stating I needed Adobe Flash.  I did set the browser setting as instructed, and this works, but I now have an "arrow" icon that comes up on the flach pages trying to view, and have to press each time in order to watch or view the flash item.  Its not seamless, as it was prior to the shutdown of the phone.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If you get the arrow, that means it's set to on-demand which helps browser performance as it only loads flash content when you tell it.  You'll need to set the plug-in option to Always if you want it to auto-load without prompt.

0 Likes
Tony0629

Got it.....Thanks!

0 Likes
St3v3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you! This helped.

0 Likes