Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Pictures won't download
enaidmm

So now I have another problem,  pictures sent to me thru text messaging won't come thru.  Just get a message like the following:

Subject:  New Multimedia Message

Message size:  30KB

Expires:  Shows current date and time       Downloading.

That's it.  Nothing comes thru.  Now what is this stupid phone doing.   I hate hate hate this phone.

Please help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pictures won't download
Ann154
Super User
Super User
Also make sure that your 3G connection is active instead of the wifi connection. For me, I have found that picture message will only download the attachment on a 3G data connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try rebooting the device because it sounds like the data connection may be going dormant.   Reboot or try cycling Air Plane mode...

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor

enaidmm wrote:

So now I have another problem,  pictures sent to me thru text messaging won't come thru.  Just get a message like the following:

Subject:  New Multimedia Message

Message size:  30KB

Expires:  Shows current date and time       Downloading.

That's it.  Nothing comes thru.  Now what is this stupid phone doing.   I hate hate hate this phone.

Please help

If you have Juice Defender app on your system, this could be the cause or any other similar app
0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User
Also make sure that your 3G connection is active instead of the wifi connection. For me, I have found that picture message will only download the attachment on a 3G data connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes