Phone does not charge when it's on
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

My phone will not charge when it is powered on.  I have tried several different chargers etc.  I have pulled the battery and sim several times.  I have a friend with the GNEX and she is beginning to have this same issue sporadically.  I have had my phone since it was introduced.  It's has been a less than stellar phone for me with the terrible call quality and connectivity issues.  One thing I've noticed is calls that would go bad after ten minutes now go bad in about three or four minutes.  Wondering if the phone is just wearing out?

0 Likes
Re: Phone does not charge when it's on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dealing with charging issues is no fun kabull. I also know its frustrating to have issues with call quality. Lets trouble-shoot these issues and find a resolution. Is the charging port loose or damaged? Is the charger damaged? Is the phone damaged? Do you have any problematic apps on your phone? Removing them may help because there may be an app that is not compatible with your phone. Also ensure you are closing apps after using them. Notifications being sent and updated for multiple preloaded and added apps can drain the battery. I also recommend reviewing this link for more information about how to help with battery issues http://tiny.cc/4zzdxw. Please keep us posted on this issue. Additionally, are you service issues inside or outside? I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Nitsuj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem, or a similar one.

The phone will charge once or twice while turned on, however after that it will stop charging until I reboot it.

I have tried multiple cables and chargers, computer USB and wall socket

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

I agree, I've tried every different charger. There is no damage to the phone what so ever. It's just another issue in a very long line of problems with this phone. Worst phone I've ever owned with any carrier. Especially if you need it for calls and calls that last over ten minutes

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes