Pairing with GM Infotainment System
Sully66
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a stock Galaxy Nexus v4.1.1.  I recently purchased a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu with the GM MyLink Infotainment system.  After I paired the phone with the car, I tried the hands free dialing function.  Nothing.  The car kept asking me for a phonebook contact name and place to dial.  It couldn't find the contacts on the phone.  I paired and unpaired several different times to no avail.  I even spent 30 minutes on the phone with GM and they couldn't get me up and going.  They tried their darnedest.  The rep put me on hold several times I would assume to search and confer with fellow associates.  When he came back online he said a friend of his had a successful pairing with another GM car with the infotainment center.  I then had to ask if his phone was on the Verizon network.  I had a sneaking suspicion (and I was correct) that this "buddy" had his phone on a network other than Verizon.  It was a Sprint phone.  So I can only assume that JB 4.1.1 isn't totally compatible with GM's Infotainment system.  I can stream music via bluetooth and vocally tell the car what number to dial, but the car can't access the phonebook on the phone.  So, is there an incompatibility?  Would the 4.2 update fix this and allow the phone to function like its bretheren on other networks??  I have no idea.  This phone paired successfully with my 2010 Equinox and I could voicedial off the phone's contacts, but not the new Malibu.  I'm stumped.

Anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Pairing with GM Infotainment System
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

Make sure you have wifi off and data on. If it still doesn't work go to settings and try turning off the 4g network. Only use 3g.  Make sure bluetooth is active on the phone prior to turning on the car. Good Luck

Sully66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dude!  Brilliant, it worked!!!  Nice going!!!!!!  Thank you very very mucSmiley Happyh!!!!!!!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're welcome! And you were going to buy another car!. Enjoy

0 Likes
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since you have paired your phone with your car you might want to download and install a program called assistant. It will also allow for handsfree text message read and send. Here is the web page: Safer than using your hands while driving. Safer to pull over and stop but this is 2nd best.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speaktoit.assistant

0 Likes