PHONE GETS REALLY HOT WHILE CHARGING
scott2645

I only have a few problems and if anyone could help me understand whats going on or tell me if its either the phones or my self stupidity or what but everytime I charge my phone it gets really hot to even handle and it was new out of the box when I got it.

0 Likes
Re: PHONE GETS REALLY HOT WHILE CHARGING
B33
Legend

Scott are you charging the phone with a coputer via usb or by its own charger that came with. if your doing so from the coputer don't use that method use the one that came with phone .if you are useing the charger that came the box

are you streaming music, talking on the phone while charging , or is the phone off. an it's doing this.if your doing one of two that i first listed it will get hot if you streaming music or talking on it  as it's trying to two things being charged

an operating.but if its doing it while its shut off i would suppect a bad battery or the regulator in the phone that does the charging in the phone is bad an the should be replaced.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi there!

B33 brings up great points! Thank you!

The phone can become hot charging on a USB cable connected to a computer. It also could be contributed to streaming music/videos while charging. My own phone becomes hot when I try to watch Netflix while charging! Smiley Happy  

I can only recommend using the original chargers and batteries for the devices to avoid overheating. Or using accessories from VZW or the manufacturer directly to ensure it's certified and tested with your device!

Please advise if you are using the original WALL charger and battery that came with the phone and if issue continues.

0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

My Fascinate got very hot after an hour or so of Google Navigation, plugged into the cigarette lighter.  I also got a message that the battery was overheated.  I was using the Samsung Fascinate car cradle with a Samsung car power cord.

0 Likes
Mullaney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am currently waiting for a replacement phone but I also have had a problem with overheating and I have only used the charger that came with the phone plugged into a surge protector type outlet.  The first time I got the overheating message was when I originally charged the phone after I had purchased it (6/28/11).  Then, although the phone often felt hot to the touch and did not seem to hold a charge very long, (even on standby) and had a host of other problems, I did not see that message again until after a factory reset which was done with direction from tech support.   

Following the reset I continued to have problems with the phone turning itself on to airplane mode and my inconsistent ability to turn off airplane mode but some of the other problems seemed to have been resolved.  For example, I was able to download the system updates 04 and 05, which I had not been able to do previously.   However I am now unable to connect with the 3G network at all and can only access the internet via my home wifi connection.  The blue circle with a slash icon appears in the phone's banner all of the time regardless of the settings.  I can make calls but cannot send text messages and at times the screen freezes and powering up can be very slow and sometimes gives me a message about "twlauncher" having failed.

I'm hoping that my replacement phone will have had all the updates installed and the bugs corrected but I'm not feeling very optimistic.  I think the company could build a lot of good will by allowing the customers to return problem phones to the stores where they were purchased and have available there some tech support people.   Even if they were only there on a weekly basis and could schedule appointments, I think people would feel that a real effort was being made to address their complaints.   

0 Likes
lauradora
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever resolve your fascinate overheating issue?

0 Likes