Otterbox for Nexus
atmdevoted
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got my Otterbox Defender Case in today and it is the bomb I love it. gonna see if extended battery will fit with case on soon.

0 Likes
Re: Otterbox for Nexus
yellowcanary73
I also installed the Defender on my Nexus today like most of it hate the screen protector it gives it a really poor and grain look.
May try to take that part off and buy a different screen saver.The one on the defender just ruins the screen.
0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

yellowcanary73 wrote:
I also installed the Defender on my Nexus today like most of it hate the screen protector it gives it a really poor and grain look.
May try to take that part off and buy a different screen saver.The one on the defender just ruins the screen.

If you don't like that one, stay away from the verizon-branded protectors.  Despite being overpriced, I figured I'd give them a shot since I'm down to my last Fellowes WriteRight cut-to-fit sheet and it's not really long enough for the entire face.  The Verizon protector creates a prism effect, making anything white look like thousands of tiny rainbows.  On the plus side, it covers the entire face, goes on easily, and seems more durable than my old WriteRight sheets which tend to get scuffed and scratched very quickly.  I wish I could find something as big and durable as the Verizon sheet that doesn't degrade the image quality.

0 Likes
atmdevoted
Enthusiast - Level 3

my otterbox screen protector feels fine cause i've always used otterbox on all phones so i'm aok with it 

0 Likes
Rider
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree that the Otterbox Defender Case for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is great!!  I was concerned that it would add undue bulk to the phone, but, in my opinion, it doesn't.  If you are use to a hefty phone like the Original Droid, you will be comfortable with the thickness of your Nexus in this case!

I am not in love with the built in screen protector, but I can live with it.  The fact that it isn't glossy cuts down on glare in bright light, it also makes the image more like a matte photograph than a glossy photograph in low light.  There are always going to be trade offs in any decision such as this.  In this case, the limited number of trade offs are worth it.

P.S. I have read on the Internet that users have reported being able to squeeze the extended battery with the extended battery case in the Defender case without any problems at all.  Too bad Verizon appears to have sold out of thier discount priced extended batteries.  At $25 it was a great deal while it lasted!!

0 Likes
SMBison88

Verizon has two types of protectors.  Sounds like you have the "anti-glare" or matte looking screens.  Those are terrible and do give it a grainy/distorted look.  Try the "regular" type.  They are glossy and smudge a bit easier but do not alter the look of your screen at all.  I've used these on the DInc and now the GNex and love them.

0 Likes