One Way Microphone issue
babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently according to Verizon this isn't a known issue but according to the internet and this message board, there is page after page of this "issue"  But they said according to Samsung this isn't a known issue.  Maybe they haven't been sending the repair tickets in.  Maybe they haven't been telling Samsung why the phones are being sent back and this is why every time they send me a phone it comes back with the same problem.  Today I spoke with Verizon Tech for the 2nd time.  First time she gave me 3 options to replace my phone with.  They want me to go from the "Cadillac" of phones to a Ford or Chevy.  So I discussed it with my husband and when they called back I demanded a Galaxy S3 or a RAZR Maxx.  I didn't think either was unreasonable.  both are equivilant phones to my Nexus.  But they Refused.   The only option i have now if they don't budge on the S3 is to do and RMA to Samsung.  Has anyone done this with success?  A little back story--My husband bought me this phone the day it came out.  I was in need of a new phone.  bought me an extra long life battery and a cute pink silicone case.  day 11 was my first one way call or as i describe it as self mute.  I should say day 11 was the first trip to Verizon about this issue.  they did some tinkering.  thought it was good.  NOPE.  I went in a few times.  Had my phone replaced 4x.  If i knew what i know now, day 11 when i could have got a different phone i would have.  Phone number 4 so far is the worse of them all.  Also I hope she was joking but she suggested i upgrade my second line with the S3.  OMG.  so they want me to dish out $200 more to get the S3 and then I am out the $250 from the NEXUS.  ARE you KIDDING me?  I am not happy right now but I am stuck with Verizon for another 18 months about.  If you were curious.  they said they could send me one of these 3 new phones.  HTC ReZound, droid 4 (actually this was the phone i wanted but dh had to have the nexus) or Droid charge.  And this last one they said the Droid Razr (not the maxx)  How funny is that?  I looked at the Rezound and while the specs are there the screen is smaller than mine.  Why are they being so unreasonable?

0 Likes
Re: One Way Microphone issue
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

I am in the same boat as you.  I have been offered a CLNR Razor.  Not the Maxx, just the Razor and I would have to pay for a charger etc.  I have had this phone since day one and have been promised all these months that the update would fix my issues with signal strength, bad radios etc. Instead, believe my phone is worse.    I have been on the phone with Verizon and Samung at least every other week since December.  I have been told so many different things it is unbelievable.  I have had four CLNR replacements all with major flaws and yet they have all had terrible signal strength.  I have each one documented.  I average from -107 dbm to -120 dbm almost all the time.  Which is essentially unusable.  I doubt that Samsung will help, their solution is to send the phone back to them to be repaired......takes about four weeks and there is no guarantee it will be fixed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your asu levels? The Nexus displays the signal differently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

i did a speed test thought I don't know what it means that is why i married an IT guy   Ping is 125ms  download is 5931 kbps and upload is 927 kbps.  that is on 4g.  i am going to try switching it to 3g to see if helps with my self muting issues.

I know there is no guarantee it will be fixed but obviously get referb ones over and over again until the warranty runs out isn't good either.  I just don't know why they are being unreasonable.  replace the phone with an equivilant phone.  is it to must to ask.  you pay retail $649 for a phone and get basically a paper weight isn't good for their buisness

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The asu level is right next to the dBm level in the phone signal view.

Screenshot_2012-07-06-19-54-42.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Go to settings-----about phone----status------your signal strength will read there.

Mine is -117 dbm and 21 asu.  I may get up to 30 on the asu if I am lucking usually with a -110 dbm.  I have had it read -120 dbm 99asu.  ????  Verizon has already decided it isn't a tower issue.  I am in a very well covered 4g area.  I often lose the 4g and I will get 3g at -102 dbm and 1 asu.

0 Likes
babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am at -110 dBm and 30 asu

0 Likes
babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess spending $349 that day to "upgrade" to get a new phone and buying a non working phone but then requesting them replace it with a $200 phone is just too much.  they still would have made a $150 profit off me (well at another $20 to that for the battery charger/battery combo i bought)   I paid for a new phone and all i got was a mini tablet that you can maybe use as a phone as long as you call people who know your issues.

0 Likes
babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

No call back today.  The more time goes on the more upset I am getting.  I found the receipt from my first phone.  My dh spend $349 that day.  We had the phone for 13 days.  Then it was replaced with a refurb phone.  They said "it is most likely new cuz it hasn't been out long"  but i see that the GS3 has been out for awhile else where so that wasn't the case.  I had my NEW phone for 13 day (about) $19 a day.  Where in the world besides the cell phone world can you purchase something and it don't work right that you return it and get a used refurb item.  If i bought a regular house phone and after 13 days I could return it for a NEW phone.  If i bought a tv, and it didn't work right i could get a NEW tv.  Same goes for a microwave, vacuum cleaner.  Pretty much anything.  I would have got a NEW one until it worked right.  So right now I am at the point where I want a GS3, Droid Maxx or a BRAND NEW Nexus.  since that is what i paid for a NEW nexus.  Nothing else will satisfy me.  who is to say these Refurb phones are even being fixed cuz after all i have had 4 and they all lock up.  Why is it that 50% of the people are having no problems at all.  I want to be one of those 50%.  Sorry if I am venting so much but I know you all know where I am coming from.  You understand.  We will see if she calls back Monday.  I may demand to speak to this invisible supervisor she keeps talking to.

0 Likes
babykitty72
Enthusiast - Level 1

apparently there is a thing through Samsung where you can do an upgrade.  I will be able to get a new GS3 and they will refund me what happens to be the amount that it will cost to buy the phone but sadly I will loose the unlimited data and I will have to sign with dang verizon again for another 2 years.  but I won't have this DANG nexus hole hanging over me.  decisions decisions.

0 Likes