One Touch Dialing
Loraeme

Is there a one touch dialing feature available on this phone?  I previously bought the Droid 2 and decided to trade up to the Fascinate and so far have been extremely happy with my decision.  But my only gripe so far is there is I have yet to find a widget for one touch dialing like what is on the Droids.  Is there anything I can download from the Market to make this happen?

0 Likes
Re: One Touch Dialing
Jetsfan17

My mom has the D2 and I know exactly what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I don't know of any widget like that yet. The closest things I can think of are adding contacts to the "Buddies Now" widget and hitting "call" from there. Or simply adding someone to speed dial. Sorry I couldn't help much.

0 Likes
newyorklawyer

I've added a page to my Fascinate home pages that lists all the contacts I want to have as a one touch dial. Add a blank page, go to add, shortcuts, then Contact.  Choose the contact, and they will appear there.

I preferred that one to the scrolling friends "Buddies Now" page which I found hard to navigate.

0 Likes
mikebres

I like the direct dial shortcut.  This gives me one touch dialing since it allows me to select a single phone number from a contact.  Using a contact shortcut still requires you to make an additional selection if your contact has email and phone, or multiple phone numbers.

Mike

0 Likes
242gt
Enthusiast - Level 2

What you want is an app called Anycut.  It allows you to create shortcuts on your home screen for anything, including one-touch calling or texting,  Just do a search in the Marketplace, it is available there for free. 

Phase3Linda

The closest I could come to Speed Dialing was to add Contact Shortcuts to the Home screen.

To add:

- Go to your Home screen (or slide in a Desktop Screen that has room for more shortcuts)

- Touch Menu, then Add, then Shortcuts, then Contact, then select the appropriate name from your list of contacts

- I created four shortcuts on my Home screen, one for each person I contact most frequently

To use:

- Display the Home screen (or slide the Desktop screen on which you created the Contacts Shortcuts)

- Touch one of the Contact Shortcuts

- A pop-up will show, allowing you to Call, IMS, or E-mail this contact

- Touch the Call icon

Seems to work pretty well.  It's not a one-touch Speed Dial, but it's a lot better than paging down through your contacts list all the time.

0 Likes