Now even the Canadians get Jelly Bean before VZW customers
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I thought everyone else EXCEPT FOR VERIZON had already updated to JB

http://www.androidcentral.com/jelly-bean-rolling-out-canadian-galaxy-nexus-phones

Well done Verizon. Well done.

0 Likes
Re: Now even the Canadians get Jelly Bean before VZW customers
cartersims
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah slow clap.

This is the worst.

First the release delay, then it was released broken.

Then the update to fix the problems delay for 5 months, then the problems weren't fix.

Now the update to fix the problems delay redux + JB will be delayed for another 4 months, then............. drumroll

.....the phone still wont work.  They will either give me another phone, non android phone.  Or i will go to ATT.  Coverage isn't as good you say?  I don't get coverage with this phone anyway. 

Tidbits
Legend

GSM version...

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

At this point I don't care if it's GSM, CDMA, or rotary. I am just tired of waiting. I don't wan't to root so I'll whine and moan. I like knowing that VZW is having to pay people to follow up on the emails I send and on the complaints I file. Does it do any good? Obviously not. Do I smile every time I get a call and see that the call is coming from the 609 area code? Oh yes, I certainly do.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I recently emailed vzw about my dissatisfation with the lack of info pertaining to updates, and that any info is good just to tell people they are working on it. I was shocked when I received an informative replay and said it was unofficial of course to cover themselves.

The email stated they are having problems with the JB Gnex update and it pertains to the radios. They have to create new radios for the update for it to be released and that it will be a few weeks before the update will be released.

I posted the email over at androidcentral forums with screenshots of the email in the Galaxy nexus forum as proof. The email was censored poorly though from the sender and when it went into details about the radios and problems someone deleted a paragraph and left a half written sentence. so I guess outgoing emails from verizon are censored too like these forums here.

link to ac blog with email about radios delaying update:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/207727-why-verizon-has-delayed-jellybean-4-1-o...

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

Here is my question...What specifically has Verizon done to their radios that causes everyone else to be able to use this update but them? Probably the same thing with ICS. I am pretty confident since Google worked cooperatively with Samsung to create this phone, and they probably programmed the os together, why can sprint and phones in Canada use it, but Verizon claims there are radio problems?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Read up on it. Read how to code for CDMA. Sprint is late to the game and they don't have to worry about the LTE as much. They have like 8 locations and you think all of the ones that are sold are in those locations? There are differences in the proprietary bits between CDMA and GSM which makes a large difference.

0 Likes
Shinnen13
Contributor - Level 1

Fair enough. I was aware that there was a major difference between GSM and CDMA....but was not aware of the CDMA and "CDMA." Though I am very tech savvy, I do realize that you know way more about this than I do...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I gave a small break down one of the major differences in coding in the other thread.  GSM is mostly open source, and CDMA is proprietary.  One requires 1 signature, and the other requires 3.  One someone can write their own code, and only the library remains untouched.  CDMA can't be touched from top to bottom.  So Google, Samsung, Verizon has to wait until Qualcomm finishes the radio's during testing before anything can be signed for testing.

0 Likes
DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

If Qualcomm is dragging their feet on this, then, VZW should have signed a contract with them containing considerable penalties for making them look like d****-bags. 😉

0 Likes