Re: November is Over December is here and what a surprise still no FROYO
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, that is a very textbook answer.  I see it and variations of it all the time.  My two cents would be instead of rubbing salt on an open wound by giving us such textbook answers, get on the ball with the updates.....and I'm being polite when saying it that way too.

0 Likes
tubesokk
She still gave a pretty lame answer. I don't believe she's lying, I just think Verizon overall doesn't train their sales associates correctly. When I bought my phone on Sept 11, the associate told me that the froyo update would be out in time so that i could make an educated decision to keep the phone or not. I would have bought the Droid 2 otherwise. Now I'm stuck with a phone that doesn't perform as advertised. I even went back to the store a week before I could still return it, and they assured me once the update happens, I will be happy with the phone. 4 months later, no update, crappy reception and a phone I have to reset 3 times a day. Thanks Verizon.
0 Likes
LandLockedPH

Maybe it's time to consider filing a claim with your state's attorney general.  I, like everybody else bought a phone (and two year contract) based on what I was told by my Verizon rep.  It's now been three months and they have not delivered what I've paid for.  Doesn't that constitute "consumer fraud"?

I haven't asked yet, but if I went into my Verizon store and said I would like to be released from my 2-year contract based on the above, what do you think the answer would be?

I'm tired of Verizon ignoring their customers and not delivering on what they sell.  IF I remain on this contract, it will be the last time Verizon get's me and my family to purchase anything.  Not that they care.

This is ridiculous!

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

You guys gotta chill. Verizon didn't promise to deliver Froyo to Fascinate at any specific time frame. It was not a part of the advertisement campaign neither a part of the contract (read it again). Should some Verizon sale reps advertise Froyo as a part of the deal and you have a recorded conversation, then you may have a chance to file a claim against that individual sale rep or sale office but I don't think that you may sue a company as whole.

On a related Froyo note, I just read that Epic (Sprin't equivalent of the Fascinate) is ready to be released with v.2.2.1 in a coming month. Hopefully, Fascinate will receive Froyo too soon.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's nothing new.  All of the phones go through this and the Fascinate isn't any different.  You signed a 2 year contract with the software and hardware in its present state.  What a rep may or may not have promised you is irrelevant and not going to get you out of it any sooner.

0 Likes
yoworm

Papa

We were not promised Froyo by Verizon in a specific time frame however Samsung advertised their phone as a competitor to other smart phones and they stated that it would be great for surfing the internet and viewing videos which of course it can't do with out 10.1 flash support.  Verizon should hold the vendors of the products they sell to a standard and to be 6 months behind and to release new items with Froyo when their existing galaxy line is behind the times is unacceptable.  Not too mention Verizo already has the update and is taking their time adding their bloatware.  Since I purchased the phone and the phone and its harddrive space is mine can I charge Verizon a storage fee for their bloatware that I can not remove from my phone taking up my memory space and slowing my phone down.

It is just poor customer service to sell a two year prison sentence that is chained to an under performing phone.  Good customer service would be to recognize that this is an issue and give a credit to another phone that can make full use of our unlimited data usage.  

Data usage is another issue how many different fees can you pay for the same unlimited internet usage (Home internet 50+ dollars, Phone internet 29.99 and tethering 20 dollars fee for the same "unlimited internet usage that should be included in the 29.99 fee)  If I am wrong and somebody can show me that I am confused on the definition of unlimited please let me know.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Honestly full flash support just isn't there yet for mobile devices.  I had the original droid running Froyo and never used Flash after the initial install/test.  Until they add hardware acceleration, you're better off just using the Flash Lite that already comes on the Fascinate.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1
The galaxy s platform has more hardware acceleration than one needs for simply viewing videos. It is a 3d gaming phone.
0 Likes
szeck87

Remember Froyo is just the OS, TouchWiz is very personalized by Samsung and they have to make sure everything works properly with Android 2.2.  They've pretty much confirmed the date with the Epic on Sprint, so I imagine that the other carriers will soon follow since they are all basically the same phone.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
As I said in a previous post, if you all are really so fed up with Verizon then cancel your contact. When thousands of people start to cancel because of awful customer service, things will change. Until then, they will keep walking all over us. I for one just submitted my strongly worded Email to Verizon expressing my concerns as a customer and my intention to cancel January 1st, 2011 if things don't change. IMHO, the early cancellation fee is a small price to pay to release myself from an abusive relationship! I will be taking 9 other family members with me and a total of just over $1100 a month in service charges. Already dropped dish network like a rock because of their games. I'm not even all that upset about Froyo, I'm mad that every time I call customer service or speak with in store staff I'm lied to. VERIZON, REMOVE YOU OH SO OVERSIZED HEAD FROM THAT DARK, STINKY HOLE ON YOUR BACKSIDE AND START RESPECTING THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU WHAT YOU ARE!
0 Likes