Re: Note MMS Video Issue
Nerofive4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need you to work on your reading comprehension skills, this happens for all received video messages, therefore the recording app has nothing to do with the issue. If you want to test it, send me a test video mms, and I will reply with a screen capture, since it appears my ability to describe the issue may not be doing it (the issue or the audience) justice

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nerofive4, we deeply apologize for any confusion. It appears that our response to CMARTIN5777 is where we asked about testing videos in the recording app.

Our previous post to you was asking what messaging app you are using and if you are able to send MMS to someone with no issues?

Are you having issues with playing videos in any other parts of your phone. We ask, because the issue itself may be with playing videos in general and not just MMS.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CMARTIN5777
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue here is we are not receiving the video that arrives via text it is split with a picture and qcp audio file. Video is fine throughout the phone. It is in the texting part of the phone standard messaging app and 3rd party. 

Give us a fix! You have the issues that we are experiencing. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CMARTIN5777, thank you so much for the response back. We want to make sure that you have no issues with MMS. When this started to become an issue, was there any changes to your cellular device (any new apps or software update)? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CMARTIN5777
Enthusiast - Level 1

No new apps...as mentioned in the previous posts I have done numerous factory resets. Maybe it would help if those of you responding to the issue could take the time to read from the beginning and get us on a path of a FIX.

The back and forth posts are going no where…

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmartin577, I understand how important it is to get this issue fix. We are not showing any known issues that are impacting MMS messages on the Note 4. We do want to get this figured out. How big of a file is the phone receiving?  Does it happen with all messages or only from specific contacts?

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
CMARTIN5777
Enthusiast - Level 1

All video messages from any sender …small file. I have tested it with family and friends size does not matter.

0 Likes
CELLxBExBROKE

YOU GUYS FRICKIN BROKE MY PHONE!!! Video and texting issues on the web.  Some pages 100% normal other Pages enlarged picture and micro size text .  Have consulted with Verizon tech and checked that Chrome and Android are both in sync. Have cycled sync off and on. No change . I just got to this page today. My question is : 

Your upgrade ruined my phone! Are you going to replace my phone??

0 Likes
CELLxBExBROKE

Hi JH here. I just tagged a reply on your Verizon Community string about your phone jacking up after the Patch. Mine has done what looks to be the same thing. My situation is some pages are  lperfectly normal , other pages have increased picture size and micro text, absolutely unreadable, absolutely unusable. Consulted with Verizon tech and we checked the Chrome for the phone and Chrome for Android was in sync,  cycled them, nothing happened then they say they want me to cycle Chrome completely although they can't guarantee it's going to do anything. The one thing that will happen for sure is I lose all my shortcuts and anything Chrome related on my phone. I did this several weeks ago by accident turned Chrome on and off and I can tell you it does work exactly like that if you turn off delete uninstall chrome you lose everything. Hey battery is low I will try to double back later.

FYI my contact just expired last week and I've already been seriously looking at going with Total Wireless which is Verizon's [Removed] phone system pay as you go. It uses the complete Verizon system and works at 4G levels so it looks to be a pretty good deal to me considering the rip-off prices I'm paying now.  Best of all, reconditioned phones are available for like a hundred bucks for an iPhone 5 as opposed to mainstream Verizon that won't sell you [Removed] unless it's for seven or eight hundred dollars. Anyhow let me know what happens I doubt these guys are going to fix anything

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmartin577, I am stunned that this continues to be an issue for you. We are not seeing any reported issues on this matter. We would recommend t o reach out Samsung directly if resetting your device did not due the trick. You can reach Samsung directly by calling 888-987-4357.

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes